Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: * Natural contraception??

jbprincess Guest

Thats great news!!

It does say on the website, than when used properly, it is just as effective as the pill!!

I'm not sure if we are going to abstain in the month of using this method - I doubt it tho!! Seeing as my cycles seem to be quite regular 30-35 days, we will probably just use condoms around the fertile time (from about CD12 to CD20). I'm actually pretty sure that I can tell the difference between semen and CM anyway. We will probably only DTD every 2nd night up to CD12 anyway, just to try and keep a better track of CM.

.......in saying all this tho - AF still hasnt arrived for me yet! Was due yesterday (seeing that I had EWCM on CD17), and shows no signs of showing up! CM is still white/creamy and lots of it..... and I have thrush -again!! Well, I think its thrush, going to doc tomorrow to see about it, as I have had it twice in the last few weeks

oh no Jb! hope AF comes soon!

secretly woohoo's that it might be a BFP

jbprincess Guest

Thanks Ivana_baby!!

I have no idea what to think about all this!! I am kinda hoping its a BFP, but then again it would throw DP's plans into a twist!!

Maybe I should mention this to the doc as well, when I go tomorrow to see about this damn thrush?!! I'm pretty nervous about it tho.......

Af really isnt showing any signs of arriving. I have lots of creamy CM, just like I do at the start/middle of my cycle (normally CM dries up a bit before AF comes)........ I have been having a few AF type pains, not many, but some small ones!

I will let you all know what happens after the weekend!! I really wanted to get in to see doc tonight after work, but they were fully booked

yeah, ask the doc. Altho when I went in to see my GP when I got my faint BFP, she didn't want to see me until I was 2 weeks late, coz their tests aren't very sensitive. Have you used another HPT? How nerve racking for you! hehe. To want it, but NOT want it at the same time

jbprincess Guest

I havent tried another HPT, I have just been hoping that AF will show up! The one I used the other day was an ebay one, and I dont have any of those left - what one should I get?

Ive heard that Fortel Ultra may not be so good? And I dont know of any others that pick up low levels?......

I'm pretty sure that my GP will tell me to wait a bit longer and then come back if AF still hasnt arrived - coz thats what she said to me before, when I went in my 1st cycle off the pill (which just ended up being 48 days long, not pg!!).

Ooooohhhhhh, this is so hard! I am very nervous...... maybe I will go and get another HPT and try tomorrow morning....

I used Fortel Ultra, didn't work as early as they say. But I got my faint positive on day 14 after O, with Discover Onestep. I've heard people are happy with Crystal Clear too.

jbprincess Guest

Hey ladies!!

Well, AF arrived yesterday CD34! Seems like a long luteal phase then, if I O'd on CD17 or 18......

Tulip, I made up my own chart. I thought it might have been too hard to keep it in a diary or calendar, coz it may get lost amongst all the other info in the diary!! I wanted something separate.

I'm quite excited to get into this charting now..... and hopefully we can avoid conceiving for another year or so!!

jbprincess Guest

Tulip,

Sorry, I can't help you with temping - I am only observing CM, and not taking temps (coz I am the same..... never get a full nights sleep!)

I can't wait for AF to be over, so I can start checking my CM and filling up my chart I'm lucky I think, that I have pretty good CM and I have had EWCM for the last couple of cycles.

I am confused about my luteal phase tho...... last cycle I had EWCM on CD17 and AF didn't arrive til CD34, seems too long?? (17 days) I might even try OPKs this month, coz I still have some of the ebay ones to use up!!

Good luck Tulip

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12