Thread: Am I ovulaing??? No signs and it's day 23!!!!!!!!!

neat Guest

Default Am I ovulaing??? No signs and it's day 23!!!!!!!!!

Hi - I'm on day 23 and don't think I've O'd... had bit of EWCM on day 17 and creamy/slippery CM (sorry - TMI!) on day 20 but nothing else! last cycle I think I O'd on day 19 which makes mine a 32-day cycle but even if I O tomorrow this month will be a 36 DAY CYCLE!! surely not normal...? we BD'd on days 5, 9, 12, 14, 17 and 19 and will probably BD tonight as well - am I doing it right for a BFP??

Please someone reply soon as am worried :-(

Kirsty77 Guest

Hi Neat

I'd say if you ha eggwhitish cm around day 17 then you probably ovulated after that.Sometimes ovulation can be really hard to spot thats why I have always used opk's, it takes the guess work out of it.Those BD'ing days look good to hun!Hopefully you've caught that egg!!

Goodluck!

Carys Guest

Have you been taking your temp? As kirsty says, OPK's are great to give you warning you will O in the next 12-36 hours, but by also taking your temp it will pin it down to when it has happened due to the temp rise.

Problem with using only CM for working it out is that you can have ewcm at times in your cycle when you are not about to O, so abit unreliable.

Carys

neat Guest

cheers guys well yeah i've been taking my temp almost every day (if i forget and have already got up i've not bothered as it wouldn't have been accurate...) and it's ALL OVER THE PLACE!!!!!!! e.g. days 9-14 (in celsius) = 35.4, 35.7, 36.2, 36.1, 36.1, 35.9 and days 15-18 = 36.3, 36.1, 36.1, 36.4...is it normal for them to be so up and down?? i thought when you experience a considerable rise then it means you've just o'd, which mean i o'd on days 10 and 14 (cos days 11 and 15 were 36.1 and 36.3 respectively).

sorry if this is confusing but any advice / info. would be much appreciated :-)

neat x

Carys Guest

You're right, they are all over the place!! How frustrating...

A rise needs to be sustained for at least three days to indicate ovulation. A few thoughts... Are you taking them at the same time/same conditions each morning? Are you using a mercury thermometer, if so are you leaving it in for the same time? Or if its a battery one, are the batteries ok?

Carys

neat Guest

oops just realised those temps were for last cycle! this cycle's were more carefully taken - with a digital thermometer - at roughly the same time every morning, except for weekends (lie in time, hehe). e.g. days 9 through 16 (taken c.6.45am) = 36.1, 36.1, 35.7, 36.1, 36.2, 36.6, 36.5, 36.0 - then i forgot to take it on day 17 (when i had cm) and on day 18 it was 36.0 and has gone up to 36.4 in the space of a couple of days and is now back down to 36.2 where it's been for 3 days now...

sorry if this is confusing!

neat, do you have a FF chart? it would make it easier for people to see if you could just show us your chart.

BW

neat Guest

how do i attach an excel spreadsheet...??

Hi Neat!!

Just wondered fiy ou recently come off the pill?? This is my first cycle off & I only just Oed 2 days ago on CD24. Very frustrating, but I know that the first few cycles of the pill can be a bit different to normal.

neat Guest

i came off at the end of dec and my first cycle (jan) was day 19 for O which would make mine a 32 day cycle... i take my temp at 6.45 every morning in the week (occasionally 15 mins earlier or later) and later at the weekends...

my temps recently have been 36.2, 36.4, missed a day, 36.8, 36.6 - is this a 3 day rise?

i've just packed up smoking (went to munich at the weekend for my 30th) and am looking forward to seeing if not smoking makes a difference... and of course, as i'm no longer smoking i'll be drinking less too!! here's to my new healthy lifestyle anyway!

neat

Well Congrat for giving up smoking!! that is not small feat!! =D>

Tanya

neat Guest

thanks... won't be easy but i'll fight it cos i always said i'd stop on my 30th or when i got pregnant, whichever was sooner! and hopefully this'll help us conceive and there's NO WAY i'd smoke if i knew i was pregnant - nothing's worse risking the health of your baby :-)

wish me luck!!!

ps - am eating loads though now i've packed it in, so will look pregnant soon, even if i'm not, haha!