Thread: ARGH!So frustrated!!

Exclamation ARGH!So frustrated!!

Hi, I'm a newish member, I breeze in and out... ooh now I sound like a harlot

I am SO frustrated at the moment, my husband and I decided to TTC this month, I know the exact day I ovulated (ALL the right signs), I haven't had a period in about 8 weeks (had implanon taken out 6 weeks ago) and am currently 17DPO.
    WHERE IS MY ???
    With my son I didn't get a BFP until 28ish DPO (sick of the 2ww? try the 4ww!!!) and I'm sure this is going the same way.... I've completely convinced myself I'm pregnant, I even have the same craving as I had with my son... I DREAMT of pineapple fritters last night...

But where oh where is my ??? I want to tell everyone!!!

I know how frustrating it is... that's how I feel every month
    if you only just came off implanon few weeks ago it can and *may* take your body a few mths to recover from it keep that in mind..... so don't expect it to happen straight away. Hopefully it does though and it's just around the corner for you. Good luck.

I've been off the contraceptive pill now for 13mths and I'm still ttc.....

If you chart your cycle you may have a clearer picture of where things are at. Charting is awful and is a constant reminder every morning that I wake that I am not pg but it does ease the frustration.

Don't be too hard on yourself or stress yourself out, it can take a normal healthy couple up to 12 months to get their BFP.

Good luck !

I know it can take a while.. I don't mean to whinge because I understand it came take a while... but my body's doing the SAME THING as with my son.. hence the frustration... :/ Sorry, i didn't mean to seem insensitive...

Just wondering, is it normal to go more than 14dpo? I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt when I ovulated (pain in one side, radiating, ovulation spotting, mucous and bedroom antic also point to so)? This is only my second time in this TTC gig so I'm just not too sure :S

Nikki, sounds to me like you have a very high chance you could be pregnant.... so all you can do is wait and see and do some HPTs perhaps? :goodluck2:
    I know that I've timed dtd at the right times in my cycle and done everything possible yet it still doesn't happen, there are so many factors involved in the conception process to get it just right.... here's hoping soon you get your bfp. you said yourself with your DS you didnt get a BFP until 28dpo so perhaps its just early days for you...... try testing in a few days then no luck try again 3 days later. And i don't think you were being insensitive? you're just frustrated and that's NORMAL
    I chart and find it is very helpful.

Hi Nikki, sometimes your body takes a little while to regulate itself after coming off contraception especially a constant one like Implanon. I know you said you know when you ovulated, but it's possible that the length of your cycle is still sorting itself out, eg the 2nd, post-ovulation phase (called the luteal phase) might be a little longer it used to be.

Good luck!