thread: Conception and Anti Depresants

Nov 2008

Conception and Anti Depresants

has anyone had any experiences what ones are not so bad when TTC and during pregnancy
    Thanks

Add Kazbah on Facebook Follow Kazbah On Twitter

Sep 2006
    Dandy Ranges ;)

Heys hun - the best is to talk to your doc about the meds you're on etc. If you're TTC then chat before you try, so you can ensure you're on the best meds before conception, so you aren't going through the side-effects while you're pregnant. I know the drugs I'm on are OK for pregnancy, but they aren't suitable for all people. There is a private support group for depression, you can apply to chat in there and there's a lot more info available.

HTH

Mar 2009
    Mona Vale, Northern Beaches NSW

Hi there - I'm on Lexapro 10mg once a day and my GP and my FS both agree it's perfectly safe while you're trying to conceive and also up to 19 weeks of pregnancy.

Good luck!

Laura x

Nov 2008

what happens after 19 weeks

Feb 2005
    Sydney

Hi

Yes I took Ciprimil (20mg so low dose) when TTC and also throughout the whole pregnancy with Tara

Jan 2008
    Melbourne VIC

hi I was on endep 75 mg throughout my last 2 preg, no problems. Have a chat to you doc, most ad are safe these days, and sometimes you have to weigh up the risk to the baby compared to the risk of the mother relapsing iykwim

May 2009
    west NSW

Hi there - I'm on Lexapro 10mg once a day and my GP and my FS both agree it's perfectly safe while you're trying to conceive and also up to 19 weeks of pregnancy.

Good luck!

Laura x
    OK glad to hear that! coz im TTC & on Lexapro as well, but im on a half pill every 3-4 days, and was wondering whether i could keep taking it while pregnant. am anxiously trying to wean off it completely tho! its just so hard to get off! they don't tell you that when you start on them!