Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: does breastmilk mean your pg?

zsimms Guest

Default does breastmilk mean your pg?

Alrighty lets get down to it.

I'm 9dpo and I had the surprise appearance of some breast milk this afternoon. Looked like colostrom but just a small drop of it and then no more.

I have also been nauseated for 4 days now, getting worse. I usually get severe m/s when pg so that makes sense.

But I have never had milk come from my breast unless pg or b/feeding.

Anyone out there had milk coming out but not been pg?

Thanks

Zoe

Breastmilk doesn't mean you're pg, it's caused by prolactin, a hormone your body makes, and sometimes if this gets out of whack your body produces breastmilk - I've seen it happen in males, so it's not always a sign of pregnancy! But I do hope it is in your case.

However, it won't hurt to do an HPT in the morning and if you're not pg go and see your GP about it, because high levels of prolactin can mess around with ovulation and TTC.

malimum Guest

Hi Zsimms,

I have had leakage from my right nipple since the 8th of September then on the 9th of September got af and then got af on the 9th of October. I had a urine test at the dr's last nite and it was a . Some hormone problems can cause leakage. I have had sore bb's since the 8th of September, but im not pg. Im going to see a gyno to find out if there are ne thing going on. I have an under active thyroid which can affect hormones as well.......but thankfully thats now under control. I have had the sore bb's, nausea and a little tiredness, but i think mine is hormonal.

Hope it all works out for you R u trying to ttc?

bye
    Malimum

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

Zoe I wondered where you had got too!!!

One of the first signs I had of being pregnant with No 2 was breastmilk when I got out of the shower about 7dpo!

So I am that it is a for you hun! Keep us posted!!!!

zsimms Guest

Thanks Relle,

I hope so too. How are you going this month?

Zoe

HI Zoe and Relle....haven't chatted to you girls for a while!

Zoe - things sound good - i'll keep fingers and toes crossed for you.
    Relle - how are you going sweets?

Zoe - I am technically supposed to be holding off this month!!!! I have applied for Uni and don;t find out till Jan/Feb so I should be waiting till then. But I will just go with the flow and I have started temping - which is a debacle!

Rae - How are you gorgeous? I can't believe you are 9 weeks already - hasn't that flown!!!! Check out my chart Rae - it really is a shocker! To much getting up through the night to my boys I think to get an accurate reading!

Relle - i see what you mean about your chart :eek: That unsettled sleep will do it! Yay about applying to uni - that's great! 9 weeks already - i can't believe it. Had a shocker with the m/s but get the occasional good day or 2 a week so that keeps me going...and the knowledge of the reward at the end of course!

Zoe and Rae - do you temp orally or vaginally? Just trying to figure out if temping vaginally might be more accurate????

zsimms Guest

Hi Relle - Temping Vaginally was my option as I heard it is very accurate. But having said that, this month I have abandoned all charting!
    I have been checking CM cause it's hard for me not to notice that, but no temping.
    Last month was really stressful for me with the charting and then looking for every sign in the chart that I might be pg, it drove me mad!
    So this month was just relax and see what happens! And we will see. I am much more relaxed though.
    Well i WAS until this nausea started. This sucks.

Zoe

LOL Zoe! you poor thing! I know what you mean about stressing with every sign!

I did use CM as my indicator when Ovulating for falling pregnant the first 2 times, just my body is not back into gear yet after having DS 2 and last month was the first month of EWCM for me.

So how many dpo would you be tomorrow?

zsimms Guest

Relle - 10 dpo. BUT I refuse to test. Must hold off. Must have self control. Right?

LMAO! Right!!!!! (if you say so! heheheheeh)

Just like I have self control about not wanting to fall preggas till Jan????????

Relle - i temped orally - was so sleepy first thing that i struggled to make that therm in my mouth let alone fiddle around down there - lol.

Zoe - i hear you on the temping getting stressful. I'd already decided that if i wasn't preg i was gonna give it up for a few cycles...it did become too obsessive. The nausea is a great sign - not pleasant but a sign! Keep us informed.

Rae - I hear you hun! It is bad enough just lying there awake and needing to wake enough to actually put it in my mouth. I am just concerned that I am wasting my time due to so much nocturnal activities in my house (the kids that is!!!)

Zoe - yes babe, make sure you keep us updated!

zsimms Guest

LMAO too. Ah that is so funny, I'm really gonna get some giggles out of that for a while.
    Must go now, DH is watching my chick flick on his own now! LOL. Will catch up in the morn.
    Rae - How are you not exhausted and falling into bed by now? Hope the m/s doesn't keep you up at night.
    Good night.

Zoe

Goodnight from me too girls - will catch you both bright eyed in the morning! I will be on by 7am thanks to the boys! *sigh*

OK Zoe - just thought I would pop in for an update hun! How is it going has there been any POAS yet????????

I am soooo naughty - I am sure O is happening now and I couldn't help myself but seduce DH - so back on the TWW bandwagon for me! LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast