Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Donor Sperm Legislation

Chi-Chi Guest

If you could that would be excellent! If I'm to be making calls & stuff it might help if I have some knowledge to start with. You're a gem, thanks

If you want just pm or email me your email address and I'll send it to you!

Keen

She actually lives in Albury. I always thought IVF was for couples that could not conceive. I will let you know details and ask about costs etc.

Gemma.

Gemma, Albury is subject to the NSW legislation which says that singles and infertiles can have donor sperm...

Vic says you're not allowed to do that unless you're in a hetero relationship or a defacto relationship, but we're trying to get that law changed (especially for Chi-Chi!!)

Damn pg brain!!

I forgot Albury was in NSW, DH just reminded me that Vic has Wodonga.

Gemma.

Hey Chi-Chi,

I am still trying to track down her number and will reply back ASAP. I haven't spoken to her since she moved away.

Hi Chi-Chi,

Finally I spoke with my friend about her IVF baby. She went through IVF at Albury because as you know it is illegal in Victoria. She had to do lots of counselling and it was very expensive. There is a lack of sperm ATM and couples are given the first priority. She said you have to be brave as there was a lot of opposition from people because she was single. Now no-one says anything since her son has been born. The hormone medicine is not much fun and harvesting the eggs is traumatic. She first tried straight sperm twice and that didn't work. They found out she had endometriosis and had to have surgery as she was never going to conceive. They then harvested eggs twice and was successful on the second attempt.

It was the best thing she ever did and she has a gorgeous healthy son.

Phone Ruth from the Reproductive Medicine section at the Albury hospital and she will send you the info including the costs.

HTH, sorry for the delay.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12