Thread: Freakishly short AF

Default Freakishly short AF

Hi all,

I'm after some advice from you lovely ladies if I can please? I've just experienced a freakishly short AF and have no idea what, if anything, it means. I've been off the BCP 3 months now and everything has been pretty stock standard ie 25-28 day cycles (I never was perfectly regular), and AF lasting about 5 days. I was only on the BCP for 6 months so it shouldn't have had time to mess things up too badly I'd hope! This cycle though I pretty much only had 1.5 days of bleeding (and even then it was lighter than normal) and that was that. I did PIAS to see if that might have been the reason but it came back with a BFN. Other than bigger bb's I didn't really experience anything much in the way of PMT symptoms, they still seem bigger but that may be a result of Christmas eating!!

Is this something I should maybe get check out with my GP or is it nothing and I should just stop stressing and get on with life and waiting for O?!?!?

Thanks.

Hi Angel!

It could have been an implantation bleed, in which case it may be too early to test, which may explain the BFN. Give it a couple days and test again. Good luck!

Celsie. xoxox

My af's were like that through the first 4 months of my pregnancy...

Good Luck!!!

Ooh, thanks very much for that, I'll let you know if it's anything exciting!!!

I'm sending vibes your way Angelgirl !!

Jenny Guest

Geez, this exact thing happened to me this month. I only had about 1.5 days of bleeding and only used 3 tampons. I might test again in a few days and see what happens....

That happened to me after I had had a 'chemical pregnancy'/very early miscarriage the cycle before. That is, I got a couple of positives before AF was due but then she came the day after she was due. Before that I'd always been regular as clockwork. It could be something like that or you are preggers? Fingers crossed for you for a BFP if that's what you're after ;-)

Thanks for responding Rach and Deni...Jenny I'm just hoping for us it's good news!! I've now been to the doc's and she's treating me as preggers (to be on the safe side) but I'm also having BT today. We are after a BFP so it would be wonderful!

Any news?

Celsie. xoxox

im curious too!! BFP yet angel???

Angelgirl mentioned in TTC buddies that she's awaiting bloodtest results on Friday... I'm it's a BFP !

Thanks for responding for me Deni, I crashed and had an early night last night!! Yes I'm being tortured with having to wait until Friday for the test results. I can feel that there is definitely 'something' going on with my body but whether it's a BFP something or just a 'my body is playing nasty tricks on me' something I'm not sure!!! I'll keep you posted. I'm also hoping that by pulling the 'Answered Prayer' card and the "Children' cards (Angel Oracle Cards) that it's a good sign.

Thanks for you all keeping an eye on me though, it's wonderful to feel supported even if it's a BFN.

I've just spoken to the doctors and the test results are negative so that's rather a bugger. Oh well, looks like we have some serious BDing to do this month to change that result for Fabulous February!

((hugs)) to you Angelgirl! I hope you start getting some info to go on soon!

Good luck for Fabulously Fertile Feb!