Thread: Gender Selection Q: Heat

Default Gender Selection Q: Heat

So we want to try for another baby (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) but there's one problem - we want to use the shettles method for a boy, but DH works in a VERY hot environment. The temps go to about 40 - 50 degrees celcius, possibly even hotter. Do you think it would be at all possible to have a boy under these conditions? I'd be happy to try anyway and have a girl if that's how it turned out but DH really wants a boy.

Welcome to BB

I know women who have used a cold pack before BDing and got their boy (one had 3 girls previous). I can't remember if it was the Shettles book I read but it does mention in his book about... Nup now I remember it was the Hazleman-Phillips book (I think... one or the other, both very similar!) it says for three months before ttc the man is to bath is you-know-what in cool water.

Found it:
    Men with known low sperm count may be helped by cold sponging of the genitals. Daily cold sponging or showering should ideally continue for 3 months prior to trying for a boy as 70 days is the duration of spermatogenesis. This would give the sperm a boost from their very beginning. It would also be a test of heroism for the man! But, if it causes pain or discomfort, stop it.
    Having said all that I have recently read a few articles suggesting that boys are more likely to be conceived following a period of hot weather.

How confusing! So it might be hot weather for boys after all! That means we've got more of a chance of a boy but though

All I can suggest is do lots of research!! If you get pg and find out you should have maybe tried something else or found out there is more scientific evidence to suggest the opposite to what you tried you may have regrets.

I wish you all the best of your gender swaying journey..

kat13 Guest

Oh we really want to try for a girl third time round - at least she'll have 2 older brothers to look after her!

I was unaware that there are methods to increase gender selection....and was too scared to bring it up for fear I am a bad person for wanting to even try this.

That's interesting about the hot temperatures...must make sure to BD in summer then!

There is a gender swayers thread HERE

Also please make sure you do your research, a lot of what couples use is based on theory that is 20-30 years old and has very little scientific research if any to back it up.