Thread: Getting progesterone result

Default Getting progesterone result

Hi girls,

Wondering if anyone has any ideas on this.

I had a CD22 blood sample taken yesterday for progesterone, which my gyne wanted, but she told me at my last appointment that she doesn’t need to see me again until I finish my Clomid treatment (in over three months time). It seems like ages! I really want to know what my progesterone level is so I’m thinking of calling and hoping she doesn’t mind telling me over the phone.

Has anyone done this? I know doctors are busy and I don’t want to be a pest, but I’d really like to know the result.

Hi Allie

I get calls from girls who are TTC about blood results and I'm usually fine about giving them results down the phone as they need to know these. Just prepare yourself for the worst (as I'm sure you are already doing) and so anything is a nice surprise. If they won't tell you on the phone, ask for a letter. I'll always send confirmation letters if there's a problem or drugs need to be changed as well as copies of letters to the GPs.

Best of luck to you and I hope the result is what you want.

Ryn.

hi allie, i just had my first progesterone bt yesterday too!!

she told me i have to wait 3 months till i see her next to get my results as well.

they said they cant give them over the phone, but on monday im gunna ring and make a HUGE hoo haa and make them give it to me.

well im gunna try anyway

try and ask to speak to a nurse there rather than the doctor. and say you just want the number of the reading...nothing else

good luck!! i hope we got preg on the same day

Ask for a letter! Over here results by phone are usually not allowed as anyone could call up with a name and DoB to get results (and if you give them out incorrectly the Hospital can be sued), so I have a list of TTC girls I'm allowed to tell their results, and they usually call in every month so I get to know them. However, they're your blood results, from your blood, about your medical condition and you paid for them... even if they just send them to the GP and you get them from there, you're still entitled to them. Can't believe that knowing the state you're in to have these tests done and the fact that TTC is quite a time-specific thing you can't get your results!

Forgot to add, I'm a secretary to a Consultant so maybe you could try the secretary - the only people I don't go out my way to help are the ones who call up and are rude to me - usually the nice, polite ones I spend ages chasing things up for.

Thanks for your advice girls. I feel more confident about phoning now. I think I was mostly concerned that it wasn’t a totally unreasonable request and everyone who knows anything should know that. If it can’t be done I won’t stress and will know that I’ve tried. Ryn, the letter is a good idea – I’ll try to remember that – thanks.

Good luck this cycle Danni – I hope we can head off to the Bellies forums together very soon! :luck: I have no symptoms yet but remain hopeful!

Hi there

I also had the same blood test yesterday, and my gyno said to give her a call a few days afterwards to get the results, and then she can advise me if I have to have the test again or not.

The pathology said they would only take 2-3 days for the results. So I'm intending to call my gyno on Friday for the results.

My gyn rings me and tells me the prog results as soon as he gets them - seems strange that you'd have to wait 3 whole months!!! I would go insane!!

tinka Guest

My first test is not for a while but my doc says to call for the results. I dont have another appointment with him until May but he said to call so he can advise me if I need to up my clomid dose..
    Hope this helps.
    Tink x

Hi Girls,

just want to wish you all luck with your tests!!! Im thinking of all of you as I have been though that too. I always called my Dr for the test results after a few days of taking the blood. Fingers crossed for you all!

Bel
    xxx

Kirsty77 Guest

I always rang my gyno's office a couple of days after the b/t too.The receptionist always gave me my results.Goodluck!

Thanks for your ideas, everyone. I wanted to phone today to ask for the results but work was so hectic and I didn't have a moment to myself that I just didn't get a chance. I'm definitely going to call tomorrow, first thing. I'll be away for a fortnight from Monday and definitely want to know before I go!

Good luck to all those also getting results soon! :luck: :luck: