Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Has anyone become pregnant while using a condom?

[QUOTE=Dragonbub;1733308]I hate to be a party pooper, but really the odds are so tiny! I mean, you have about a 4 day window to fall preggers in a month, and if you used a condom during this time, you might have, say, about a 70 - 95% protection rate if you used them correctly (as in using spermicide, using them for the "whole show", etc). So I guess statistically speaking, you have something like a 1 in 10 chance of getting BFP if you DTD right on fertile period."

I'm intrigued by this thread! So if you use a condom the week before and on O, no spermicide, sometimes not for the 'whole show', and me ain't on the pill or have an IUD... you're saying up to 30% chance ineffectiveness?
    We also use latex free as I'm alleric, don't know if these are any dodgier or trustier. They are a finer material.

Jessica did you get a BFP or AF yet?

yeh jess. what happened??

All clear, no Bean 2.

Good news Amber!

Kiwi - I am no statistician, LOL! but I read somewhere that the odds of falling pregnant in any given cycle, for a normal healthy couple are 1/5 (not very high really). So, if you DTD 3, 2, and the day of ovulation, you should have a higher chance, say 3/5 (60% chance).

Condoms range in effectiveness, but I guess if you consider the best case scenario of 95% effective, then that makes your 60% chance about 3% overall (5% of 60). Therefore, the best scenario is that you have about a 5% chance of falling pregnant if you use condoms on your most fertile time.

Of course, there can be sperm in pre-stuff, so if you don't use them for the whole show that would increase your chance, but I would say only marginally.

Nature is a funny beast who will always find a way to defeat us! They say 50% of pregnancies are unplanned, and 60% of these women were using some form of contraception, so it shows we are animals that are destined to procreate

Stats stats stats. They are interesting, but there is always someone out there who falls into the tiny percentage, no matter what stats we are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonbub View Post
    Nature is a funny beast who will always find a way to defeat us! They say 50% of pregnancies are unplanned, and 60% of these women were using some form of contraception, so it shows we are animals that are destined to procreate .
    in most of these cases contraception was not used correctly as it was designed to be used there is a whole website and radio campaign which covers this

the website which contraception are you is great shows many more options that the horrible condom

yay!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12