Thread: How long do you wait after DTD?

Default How long do you wait after DTD?

Morning,

This may be a silly question but it has been playing on my mind!

I used to get UTI's (urinary Tract Infections) alot a while ago and my doctor told me that I should always go to the toilet after DTD, so now that we are about to TTC I was wondering how long I should wait after sex to go to the loo? Is there a period that you should wait to give the little guys a head start??

Thanks!!

Kate

No a silly question i don't really know the answer but i would sit there for maybe one minute or two then get up and go to the loo. Not sure if that the right answer but we feel first month both times so it must be ok to do that.

HTH Nikki

I read that to really improve chances you should wait half an hour at least and even stick your legs up in the ait to let gravity help. I didn't do that though and it worked really quickly both times. I guess the longer you wait before standing up the less of them will fall out!!! LOL.

My FS has me laying down about 15 minutes, though I get an IUI done so it might be different. I also get a lot of UTIs and thrush, and he said that 15-30 minutes shouldn't make too much of a difference. He also said the main thing is to dry the area, it isn't so much abut going to the loo as it is to just dry, so if you had some tissue handy afterward, and just do a quick dry, I think you'd be able to stay laying down as long as you could hndle it.

i stay laying for 30 minutes and even use a pillow to prop myself up and still no conception!