Thread: How long do you wait before going to the doctorto confirm ?

Default How long do you wait before going to the doctorto confirm ?

Just wondering for those of you that didn't have any symtoms for ages and kept testing -ve, did you still get a visit from AF ? For example if you were a week late, and took a HPT everyday and it still came up negative how long would you wait before yo went to the doctor to test?

I haven't experienced that, I've always had positives before AF was due. If I was getting negatives and I was late I'd wait until I was two weeks late before seeing a doctor. I've seen lots of ladies who've been a week to 10 days late who were not pregnant on this forum. Sometimes your cycle just goes out of whack and your cycle goes longer.

If however you have been charting and you know you O'd say 3 weeks ago I'd go get a BT straight away.

Thanks for the reply. I am 5 days late and I have no idea when I ovulated? I am a bit confused with all the ovulation timimgs and so forth. Maybe I'll just wait till Saturday and then see? Thanks again.

I guess what I'm saying is that lots of ladies get the odd late AF sometime during their reproductive lifetime. Most women will test positive on a HPT the day their AF is due. Occasionally some women don't test positive with the HPT's but do to the BT but from what I can tell that's pretty rare.

a girlfriend tested regularly from when she was due for her first period (she had been monitoring and was donor inseminating), each test (I think she was up to one every couple of days) came back negative, she went to the doctors for a tummy bug, he did a BT on her and they worked out she was 12 weeks, so yes it is possible to get -ve hpt and still get a positive bt. It is also possible to get AF throughout your pregnancy.