Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: i did the hpt.....

Default i did the hpt.....

hi,
    i did another hpt today, during the day, it was a one-step. im pretty sure these are coming up negative. can only see a fainest line when looking at a slight angle. i still havent got my period. Still getting alot of CM, so i suppose i will just have to sit back and chill out to wait for the appoinment next week at the docs.
    Its doing my head in now. Why cant the answers be simple...
    georgette

Aww, sorry to hear that Georgette, but don't give up hope, you may be testing too early.

it was about now that I went and bought the clear blue digital ones (can be expensive though depending on where you get them) so that I could get a definite answer of yes or no rather than the maybe's that I'd been getting from another brand. They are only good once AF due date is passed though (sorry I don't remember where you are in your cycle). Good luck I hope it's just too early for you and you'll get a nice clear BFP soon!!

im five days overdue my AF. I did a test on the first day i was late, and got a negative/faint second line. I done another during the day today, it was negative/or even fainter than the one I done a few days prior. I dont feel like im gonna get my period, although i keep running to the tiolet thinking AF has caught me off guard, but to my confusion,nothing apart from alot off egg white CM. Im confused. I have looked up on the net, CM should not be this consistancy this time of my cycle surely?? Im waiting 4.5 mins befor reading the HPT'S as recommended adn then discarding them. I hope i am pregnant, because then it would save going through the IVF next month. If anyone wants to track my progress, i have posted in this forum befor. Also i have made my first log in the ttc journal.
    Has anyone had any experiences, with the way HPT's are done, ie
    1. morning v any time during the day
    2. reading results at 5 mins v 10 minutes discard.
    ETC.
    sorry i sound desperate. TTC#1 for 5 - 6 years take its toll..... can you tell.
    georgette

-first thing in the morning is best
    -keep to the time limit written on the pack (some say longer than others)
    -some brands my second line was always feint no matter how many DPO I was thus why I went to clear blue digital once AF was due cause it comes up with the words "Pregnant" or "Not pregnant" leaving little doubt
    -some people take time for the HCG to build up in there system so don't get positive HPTs for ages after AF is due
    - I always get ten tonne of CM in the early stages of pregnancy so that is a good sign from my perspective.

A doctors blood test is probably the most reliable as you probably know since I think I read you were booked in to get one next Tuesday. So frustrating when they can't get you in any early isn't it.

Anyway again best of luck especially given how long you've been TTC. Hope you get that miracle BFP and manage to not have to go through IVF.

A line is a line in my books If you're getting a faint line within the timeframe, then I'd say things are looking good! I only got a faint line at 12DPO.

Do you have other brands you can use?

And yep - first morning urine is the best, as the HCG is more concentrated then, even tho some tests say you can test any time of day.

Good luck! I have a feeling it's good news!

Georgette...I'm thinking a line is a line too...I also had increased CM when I got my first BFP ever...

Check the MIU measurement on the pregancy test...I got my first positive test with a test that was only 10 MIU...it was an incredibly sensitive test...alot of tests are more like 25 MIU or even 50 MIU...so you need a whole lot more of the HCG hormone in your urine for it to be identified as a BFP...

I got my really sensitive tests from lullaby conceptions...they were really inexpensive too...10 tests for $30!!! I'm happy to send one through to you...but it probably would take a few days to reach you...let me know if you want me to though...

I'm so sorry to hear your TTC journey has been so long...mine was 3 years and that was tough...I don't think you sound desperate at all...hang in there...and take care!

Wishing you all the very very best...

to be honest im not sure what the MIU is on these tests, i bought them off ebay very cheap, they did not come with instructions and only says ONE-STEP on the wrapper, they are small "dip stick". i have tryed looking it up on the net, but there are so many types of ONE STEP tests out there that i cant tell which one it is.
    Still no AF today will be six days late. Thanks for all your support, i just dont know what to think at the momehnt. I still have no signs of getting AF.
    TO MONNIE thanks for the offer of sending me a test. I would however feel terrible about excepting, as i live in england, its a long way to send it. But thank you so so much for the offer. Its nice to know that i have finally found a supportive forum. This forum has been a breath of fresh air. Its a shame there are not any forums as good as this set up in the UK.
    thanks once again
    georgette

I'd recommend getting a digital test as they leave nothing to doubt. I got a couple of faint positives with the dip kind but the second one done about a week after my AF was due came up fainter than the first one.... both took a while to come up but were within the recommended guidelines. I panicked and went and got the digital one which supposedly needed higher concentrations of HCG to show a positive and I got a BFP really quickly which calmed me down again.

I would also recommend not to get too excited until you get results from a blood test.

Georgette a line is a line - all my pgs have had faint lines - even when I was pg with DD and took another test at 7 weeks (just because) it was faint. And she is 5 now.

Hi thanks for you replies, im trying not to get excited, but we all know how hard that can be. CM is still the same no sign of AF. I have started taking clear blue folic acid, just incase. I have decided to leave testing again till thursday. However i havre started getting what i tthink is heartburn, cold/hot throat and chest. my sis says this may be a sign of pregnancy, also spots on my chest???
    Any ways will keep you posted.
    thanks again to you all...
    georgette

Georgette,
    I would now be going to your GP and getting a blood test for confirmation.

good luck I hope it is positive.......

Unhappy just to add about GP

Hi sorry i thought i had already added to this post about the toruble i had with GP. I rang them first thing monday morning. They cant see me till next tuesday, which is a right pain grrrrr. It doesnt help us lot TTC when they do that, bacause you just end up stressing and worrying whilst waiting around for appoinment. I dont know if anyone else is from the UK, but it is a nightmare to get an appoinment with most GP's. Here, you cant go to another GP practise, you have to wait for an appoinment. But next tuesday i shall be going in the morning.
    Georgette

Georgette...wishing you all the very very best...it's looking promising...but I can understand you trying not to get too excited...I was like that too...

Take care chickie!

Hi georgette,

that this is it. I also live in England and the tests I use are tesco own brand which are a lot cheaper than clearblue. When I was pregnant with Corey I had faint lines for a week that only I could see not my DH (but what does he know! hehe) and then they got darker and darker so hang in there.

I agree this site is just brilliant, the english ones are not that great and I find the women on here really funny and supportive. My husband is an aussie so I was told about this site by one of his relatives.

good luck

I used Lullaby conceptions, and gota very faint line.

In fact, with both pregnancies, even when i went to the dr, they were both very faint lines.

I found it easier to see the line at around the 10 min mark, (and they stayed the same afterwards, infact i still have DS one, and it is still a faintish line, so i don't really know why the say discard after 10 mins), but i was told with both, if it is a faint line, no matter really how faint, as long as it doesn't disappear, then you are pregnant.

Good luck.

Goodluck when you test!!!

Lisa.

Unhappy hi there i tested again.....

Hi,
    I testing first thing this morning and got another very faint positive result using a dip strip one step from the internet. So i went off to the supermarket and bought four more HPT's. I done one when i got back, with out holding bladder! and it was a big fat negative. Dh can see the second line on the one i done this morning, however it is very very faint.
    So im gonna test again tmrw morning. Surely by now 9 days late for AF, they should be coming up more clearer than this. Im feeling so so so anxious. Feeling light headed now aswell, propably from the worry it is or isnt it????
    grrrrr, i feel like im going mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Georgette

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast