Thread: Mid Cycle Spotting?

Default Mid Cycle Spotting?

I'm currently on CD29 and I've been spotting for the past week (some days quite heavily). AF wouldn't normally be due for another week or so - has anyone had this happen to them in the past? I've done a bit of research to try and find out what the cause would be but i can't really find anything. I've already had a whole heap of tests and ultrasounds done which all came back normal but now this spotting has starting i'm getting a bit concerned.

I had a lot of spotting a few cycles ago and I think it was because I started taking vitex. Have you changed anything lately?

Boo, have you ever been diagnosed with endometriosis? The only way they can do this is via laparoscopy.

Regards,

Mel

Well the spotting seemed to stop yesterday afternoon, today i have really heavy cramping so i think AF is well and truly on her way.
    Dgirl - its funny you mention about Vitex - I tried it out the cycle before last but then stopped, maybe this could have something to do with it?
    Mel - I think the only thing my gyno hasn't done yet is a lap, i'm going back to see him in 10 weeks so i guess if it's still happening then then its something he will look at (although i'm [-o< for a BFP before then!)
    Thanks for the replies girls.

Boo - good luck with upcoming appointment and I hope everything goes well for you. Fingers crossed that this is just some sort of blip and everything settles down in the meantime. However, even if you do get offered the lap, it's a good thing. They check everything out while they're in there and fix anything such as endo, blockages or adhesions.

Cheers and let us know how you go.

Mel