Thread: New to BB- preparing for pregnancy

Default New to BB- preparing for pregnancy

Hi All,

My friend recommended I get onto this forum as she used it when trying for her little boy and found help v beneficial.

I recently started preparing for conception- had to stop my antidepressant (which had yucky side effects). Doing lots of exercise, and trying to get good old serotonin levels up naturally! So far so good though!

Is anyone else out there that is coming off antdepressants for planning to fall pregnant? Would love to hear from you?

Jen

Hey Jen,

I just wanted to welcome you to BB and wish you well on your journey!!!

Hugs
    S X

Hi Jen

Welcome to BB - I have found it fantastic here. The support forum for depression is excellent and I highly recommend requesting access. I'm still on my AD while going though my current and previous pregnancies, I found that my emotions are just to wacky to copy without them. But there are lots of other mums and mums-to-be who have come off and they have great suggestions.

Goodluck with your trying to conceive journey!

Hi Jen,

Just wanted to say welcome to BB - you'll find an abundance of support in here. All the best with your journey

Hi- my first post!!

I conceived accidently and had to stop my AD's abruptly. I have been OK- just knowing that I'm having a bub is making me happy

Hubby is being super over protective though and asking me every 5 minutes if I'm ok etc (I have Post Traumatic Stress). I'll be fine, but it has been recommended that I do not breast feed so I can go straight back on my AD's once bub has come

Default RE: coming off AD's

Gibbo,

I am so pleased to know you are coping okay being pregnant without the AD's.
    We are not pregnant yet because I said I need to let my mood settle before my hormones go haywire if we get pregnant!

I am going to subscribe to the depression group in BB for extra support.

Thanks all for your responses.

Hey Jen,

Hope it's going well for you. Good luck with the exercise too. DH and I have been going for walks together lately, and it has been soooooo good for our relationship (also in the bedroom - TMI? Nah, it's a TTC forum!)

Look forward to hearing about your journey! Hope it's short!