Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OPK's positive results for 3 days running?

Question OPK's positive results for 3 days running?

I posted this under another thread but probably should've put it here instead...

I know I should've stopped at just one positive reading for the OPK but I couldn't resist the subsequent days, so have had 3 days running of a positive OPK - does it mean that I'm still YET to ovulate? I haven't been doing temp but had a few cramps yesterday so thought I definitely must've ovulated & especially considering my first postive OPK was 2 days earlier. So my question is, has anyone else had positive results for 3 days running? Is the LH surge still present in your body whilst you are ovulating? Just not sure if I should still DTD (hubby's a bit worn out....hehehehehe).

Hey AmyGirl

I don't really have an answer for you but I just wanted to say that I usually get 2 days of a positive OPK..

Was the test line exactly the same darkness on all three days?

Hi Amygirl,

Im in the exact same boat as you at the moment. I got my first positive opk on Saturday and also had positives yesterday and today. I had a lot of ovulation pain yesterday too. I am also wondering if I have ovulated or if I am still yet to ovulate. DH and I cant BD until about midnight because he's at work until then so I am scared I may miss my ovulation. Just wish there was a certain way to know if I have or not.

Is the second line as dark or darker than the control line? It should be to be a positive result. Some women never get a test line darker than control. I never did, with the exception of getting +ve OPK 7 days in a row, to then find out I was PG.

Hi - thanks for your replies.

Yep, test window on Saturday was same colour line as control window. Sunday and today have been very dark test lines - darker than control window. But pain was mostly yesterday (that's if it was ovary pain and not bowel pain - sorry for TMI), generally don't get ovary pain regularly.

Leigh26 it's so hard figuring it all out isn't it. We tried to DTD twice yesterday but poor hubby, I've worn him out . Am just wondering if we should try again tonight. Was a bit surprised to get a +ve result this morning. Guess it could all be over by the time he gets home & Hailey is in bed.

Hi Charlotte,

My test line has been darker than the control line on all 3 days. I guess we'll have to just keep bd-ing. Although I dont think we'll be able to tomorrow due to DH and I working different shifts and we'll only see each other for about an hour.

AmyGirl, I was replying to Charlotte when you posted, I think Ive worn DH out too. We've been BD-ing every day or two for the last week. I just did another opk, just checked the results and the control line is now darker, not sure if it's because I just drank a can of soft drink. Im hoping they stay negative now though. I guess all we can do is hope our DH's sperm has caught the egg at some stage over the weekend coz I think by the time we BD at midnight it will be too late. That's if I can stay awake til midnight to do it.

Leigh26 My fingers are crossed for you

My fingers are x'd for you as well AmyGirl. When do you usually start testing with hpt's to see if you are preg? Let me know how you go and hopefully this will be our month that we both receive our BFP's!!!

Guess I'll try around 9-11 days - or is that too early? I've only been trying for the last 3 cycles and each cycle I'm learning more and more - didn't realise there is SO much to learn about your cycle!! I've not done HPT's the last 2 cycles, just waited to see if AF turned up, think I have a short luteal phase 10-12 days so that probably doesn't help. This cycle I'll def do a HPT - got 3 sitting in my draw from all the OPK's I've bought .

This is the last cycle of TTC for me. I'm going to stop for 4 months due to the cycles being a due date of Christmas and family birthdays (hubby, me and DD are all 1-2 wks apart in Feb/March, so don't want another b'day around those months - I know it probably sounds silly)....but want to lose more weight anyway...15kg down already, 7kg more to go hopefully.

When do you test?

I usually start testing from 9 dpo. I know this may be too early but I also know that some ladies on here have gotten their bfp at 9 dpo so I guess there is no harm in testing early.

Congratulations on losing 15 kgs. I too would like to lose some weight - around 7 kgs.

Fingers x'd for our bfp and to you

Thanks Leigh26 - will def check in when it gets closer to see how you went. Make the most of that hour with hubby tomorrow & tonight - you never know.

LOTS & LOTS

Hi AmyGirl,

Just checking in to see how you are doing? Have you done any hpt's yet or are you holding out for a bit longer? I'm going to wait a few more days then test. The suspense is killing me though!!!

Let me know how you get on.

Hey there - was just thinking about posting to see how you're going? The waiting is so annoying.

You're doing better than me. The HPT was burning a whole in my pocket so I did one today - BFN but it's too early really.

I'm pretty convinced I'm NOT UTD, I just think we missed the boat. I didn't do another OPK but I'm pretty certain I ended up ovulating early AM Monday and not Sunday like I first thought.

I keep analyzing every little twinge, it's ridiculous.

How are you going? Any signs? I will try to hold out until Friday for another HPT unless AF pays a visit earlier obviously. Can't wait to hear how you go.

Hi AmyGirl,

Well the suspense of not doing any hpt's got the better of me and I did an internet cheapie yesterday morning (9dpo) and I got a hint of a 2nd line. I had some name brand tests so I did a Confirm test and once again a hint of a 2nd line, so I also did an Assurance Plus and First Response and got 2 lines and finally caved in and did a digital and I got my I can't believe it. I honestly didnt think it would be positive. After 23 months of TTC. Becasue I have had 2 miscarriages (both at 12wks) DH and I arent telling anyone until after then. DH is away for work at the moment and I couldnt even tell him until 4pm yesterday afternoon.

I am so excited but at the same time very nervous because of having previous miscarriages. Everytime I got to the toilet I get nervous in case I am bleeding or spotting or something. I pray that this little baby sticks like super glue

Have you done anymore tests? My fingers are x'd for you. Would be great if you get your

Make sure you let me know how you get on, I'll be waiting to hear your news.

Take Care

WOOO HOOOO Congratulations!! That's excellent. Sending you major . I want to see you back in here past 12 weeks. Must've been so hard to lose all the others. Really hoping this one sticks for you. Laughed at how many tests you did - I'd probably do the same after trying that long.

I on the other hand got signs today that AF is going to show in the next 12-24hrs...bit of spotting and nausea like I normally get. Actually was major nauesa this cycle but know it's AF, not preggers. Did a another HPT first thing this morning just in case as hubby went away on business this morning, so thought if I got a BFP I could tell him in person, but not to be, was a BFN. I was going to stop TTC for another 4 mths but I think I'll find it hard to stop.

Take care and I hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy and that this one sticks.

Thanks AmyGirl. You never know, you may be pregnant as well. A lot of the time people always fall pregnant when they least expect it. My fingers are x'd for you. Yeah I'm not sure that I would be able to stop trying to conceive. I'd probably always make sure that DH and I would BD during the week I normally O.

Please keep me updated because I will be thinking of you. Good luck and I really hope AF doesnt show

Take Care

Hi AmyGirl,

Just checking in to see how you are going? Did AF show up? If she did are you going to stop trying? I have my dr appointment tomorrow and will end up having a bloodtest done. Im sooooo nervous, hope everything works out fine!!!

take care

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast