Thread: Pains in abdo area

Default Pains in abdo area

For the last 4 days or so i have been having a rather annoying dull ache on my left side. At first i thought it was O pains as that's usually where i get them, but it hasn't gone away. Nothing makes it better or worse, it's always just the same dull ache. Until about half an hour that is when now all across my lower abs hurt quite a bit. If i move suddenly it's really painful and sometimes i have to bend over a bit to walk. I saw my GP about 2 hours ago about it(before it got worse) he had a feel around my tummy but said there wasn't anything to be concerned about, just to take panadol. Checked for UTI, it was clear. So i left feeling satisfied. I don't actually take panadol until i'm in real need of it, so i didn't have any. What do you think it could be? When i feel my tummy it's quite tender too.

Tegan - I have no idea what could cause that pain but I hope it goes away for you soon . I had a similar pain last for 4-5 days just after AF went away this month. Good luck hun!

Hey Tegan

it sounds a little like appendicitis...you really should go and get checked out again, or it could also be an ovarian cyst...which still needs checking out

I hope that you are feeling better, and it was just O pain...but if not I think you better go to the DR again hun

let me know how you are...so I dont worry bout you

xx yogababy

I'm thinking appendicitis. A friend had that recently and it started out like that and eventually felt like a burning sensation - she had her appendix removed because of it. If you are still getting the pain get a second opinion.

Well the pain has gone now and it's just back to the dull ache on my left side. Very weird. I don't think it's my appendix because it's on the wrong side.

sometimes with appendicitis you get referred pain...so opposite side of your abdomen to where yor appendix is

glad your feeling better

xx yogababy