Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy or PMS??

Question Pregnancy or PMS??

Hi,

I'm feeling confused with my body right now. All this week my boobs have been acting strangely. They started "tingling" on the weekend (4/5 DPO) and have progressed to being really sore even without me touching them. I feel like they're "dragging" or "hanging" off me (if that makes sense).

If I get any PMS symptoms, I usually only get them the day or two before my period - and that's not due until next Wednesday (day after Boxing Day). I usually get a bit of bloating and maybe some sore boobs, but I don't remember anything like this before.

I'm 10 DPO today and beginning to wonder if I've got a Christmas surprise!

What do you think?

My chart details all the other symptoms I've had over the last 10 days (including irritability, tiredness and queasy feelings) - all of which could be PMS, but can you get these so far out from AF?????

I'm trying to manage my expectations - but the temptation to get excited is pretty strong!

Hey Melody!

I dont know much about PMS as my visits from AF were always so easy! All I got the day before was a real bad headache and then AF showed up. But I know before the lead up of my BFP I was getting cramps, bbs were sore, nausea, tiredness.. thought my body was being cruel. But going by your chart, it looks pretty good!! I do hope that you get a BFP for christmas.

Melody,

Mmmm i think you might be UTD! I normally get sore bbs before af, but not like I did this month, they were exactly how you described yours, and normally they stop hurting a day or two before af, and this time nope, they kept going, and they are still sore!

I think your onto something, and I know its so hard not to get your hopes up but I think the symptoms you are feeling are good indicators for you know what

Hope you get your xmas suprise!
    Lisa

I know as we TTC some of us tend to observe and take note of a lot more signs that what we previously have in our cycles. I know im one of them. And from even looking at your charts, your signs and symptoms have gone from a few in the first chart to around nearly 20 in the current one. Its so damn hard this TTC for some people and heartbreaking. As for PMS, my varies each month, sometimes my DH wants to leave the country others im mopey. Your the person who knows your body the best.
    Your chart is looking great at the moment, I really hope that it is your BFP for you.

i was sooooooooooooo nasty to my DH until about week 4 and I got my BFP

This is only my 2nd month of TTC so all the previous charts I entered (prior to last month) are based on data I'd kept since March (using temps and CM obs NOT to conceive).

I don't remember having boobs this sore so early, and last month I didn't record any sore boobs. Interesting.....

LisaL, how long before AF do your boobs normally get sore? Mine a quite tender underneath and around the sides.

Normally about 4 days before af but this time I had them earlier, and they were very tender. I just felt my ones up and yes they hurt underneath and around the sides and they feel very heavey.

When do you think you will test??

Hi LisaL, mine have been getting progressively sorer all week (over 1wk before AF).

FF says I should test on Wednesday (day after Boxing Day) as that will be when AF is due. In a bit of a quandry over this one. DH thinks we should wait until then as well, but I'm not sure. I'm 10 DPO today, but if I test on C/mas or BoxD and it's a neg, it could put a dampener on the day. We're with family both days as well, so perhaps not knowing until later is better...

Correction, will NOT be testing on Boxing Day as I'm staying at Parents-in-laws and don't want to do that!!!

Good luck sweety for when you decide to test, I hope those two lines are staring back at you! I hope its a truly wonderful xmas for you dont forget to come back and let us know!

Thanks Lisa

Ah that makes sense now Melody. Sorry, I hope i didnt offend you by what i wrote. It was just that i saw more signs.

If your boobs havnt felt like this before then thats a good sign

Hi Sunny Summer, no offence taken. I think the points you raised were very valid. I know that now we've started the TTC journey my mind is alert to all the "potentials". Perhaps I should remove some of my previous charts...

Melody - I think my bbs were only sore for a few days during TWW and that was about a week before BFP. Right now my bbs are feeling like they are bruised, especially the sides. Good luck!!

Babushka Doll Guest

My BB's started to hurt 7 days before AF was due, that was a sign for me. Also, I tested on 9DPO and got a feint positive, I used Fortel Ultra. But found that by DPO 10/11 i was getting quite strong results with crystal clear.

Good Luck!

Im glad i didnt offend you
    Dont remove them, you can add titles/ labels to the top of your charts

Quote Originally Posted by Melody7 View Post
    Hi,

I'm feeling confused with my body right now. All this week my boobs have been acting strangely. They started "tingling" on the weekend (4/5 DPO) and have progressed to being really sore even without me touching them. I feel like they're "dragging" or "hanging" off me (if that makes sense).

If I get any PMS symptoms, I usually only get them the day or two before my period - and that's not due until next Wednesday (day after Boxing Day). I usually get a bit of bloating and maybe some sore boobs, but I don't remember anything like this before.

I'm 10 DPO today and beginning to wonder if I've got a Christmas surprise!

What do you think?

My chart details all the other symptoms I've had over the last 10 days (including irritability, tiredness and queasy feelings) - all of which could be PMS, but can you get these so far out from AF?????

I'm trying to manage my expectations - but the temptation to get excited is pretty strong!
    YOU just explained exactly how I've been feeling the last 2WW!! I yelled to Dh tonight as he called me "cold" actually I blurted back at him "PMS BUDDY"

goodluck , i hope we are pregnant!

Hi Sunflowers, yes, I hope we are pregnant! Not feeling too flash tonight. Ate dinner but things not quite right....feeling a bit off.

Mrs_G Guest

I had a terrible time last month. I was really dizzy, felt a little sick after I ate and had weird AF type symptoms about a week before AF was due. My bbs were really sore and heavy too, I was also extremely tired, going to bed as soon as I got home from work. When AF was late I went to 2 DRs for tests who both told me to wait a week longer before testing. At about 5 days after AF was due, I got some spotting and strong pains especially at night in my lower back, stomache and legs. That went on for 2 nights, then a really heavy AF arrived.

I don't know what happened as I didn't test, but all I can think of was that I might have actually been PG - even if it was only for a week or so. I've started charting now so that if anything weird happens again, I'll at least have some data to look at.

If the worst happens and AF arrives, it might be worth starting to chart so at least your temp will help give you an idea if there's a chance of a BFP or not.

Hopefully, you won't have to chart and all your symptoms are telling you that you're about to have a little gift for Xmas . As anxious as we all get, I think that sometimes it's not just in your mind and that you're body is trying to tell you something.

Goodluck for that BFP and keep us posted.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast