Thread: Question .... Mighttad TMI for some ...

Default Question .... Mighttad TMI for some ...

I need you to settle a discussion between DP and I.

Should you have sex every 2nd - 3rd day of the month to ensure the sperm is fresh .. LOL

OR ... should you only have sex on day 6, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 when TTC?

DP thinks 'releasing' on day 6 is sufficient to get rid of the 'dead sh*t' (as he calls it)

Can someone PLEASE shed some light??

I actually heard it's best to dtd daily over your O time - it doesn't need two days to build up. More than once a day might "dilute" the sperm, but not so much it'll be impossible to conceive. It's the same amount, released closer together.

My FS told me every 2nd day

I think starting at day 6 gives plenty of time to 'clear' things out. As for the every second day or every day debate, meh. Tbh in the year and a half we've been TTC, I've heard both equally. I honestly don't think it would make a difference; the sperm will DEFINATELY survive 24 hours if you happen to O on a non-dtd day. I think the days you've got for dtd are great

Oh yeah, I completely forgot that, PZ - my O day (or, what FF says was my O day) was a non-sexytime day and we still managed to conceive (Well, to be honest, we gave it a try, but we were both too tired and Scott didn't "finish" so I'm not counting it)

Quote Originally Posted by TeniBear View Post
    (Well, to be honest, we gave it a try, but we were both too tired and Scott didn't "finish" so I'm not counting it)
    Lol I could NEVER get DF to 'not' finish! Ahhh never underestimate the power of pre-ejaculate I'm pretty sure I conceived on a non-sexy time once too (although the longest I've been preg, 8 and a half weeks, we dtd like 4 times in one night LOL)