Thread: TTC misconceptions

Default TTC misconceptions

did anyone else think it was going to be easy?

i know i certainly did. i thought that it would happen immediately and was totally convinced it would

4 cycles later and nothing

it's soooo frustrating because i am, according to all research "at my most fertile age" as i'm 26.

making it doubly hard is that i have 2 friends over 30 who are UTD - one with twins.

just wanting to vent

Hey Kitty!
    I hear you!
    Have you been charting or anything?
    SAM

i've been maybe babying for the past 3 months but if it doesn't work this month i'll start charting and OPK'ing (i've got some i ordered off Lullaby in preparation :P )

it's all so... technical when it should be natural. i feel like a failure

Hi Kitty

I know how you feel!! This is my first cycle off BCP and its a marathon one, 51 days today. Did yet another HPT (5 so far) and was BFN . So I too am completely frustrated with my body at the moment, just wish AF would hurry up so I can start over on new cycle which will hopefully be more regular for me.

Hopefully this month will be the one for you!!!

Good luck

i so understand wat you mean. i think about all the people that get preg by accident and about people that try for so long and nothign happens it is very strange

Don't stress 4 cycles is not a long time, although it probably feels like it. In my first lot of ttc it took me 3 years to get pg, in my second it took 9 months (with a different partner) and both ended in early m/c. The first time round I thought it would happen fairly quickly as I was 28 at the time and it came as a huge shock to find that it didn't. This time round I was pleased that it only took 9 months as at 40 my chances are much slimmer than what they were at 28, but it actually happened quicker. You just never know when it might happen so just enjoy the bd'ing along the way. Good luck.

Kitty - the average ttc is 6 months for a healthy couple with no obvious fertility issues. Drs say it can take up to a year and wont really test you or do anything until you have been trying for 12 months or more - especially at your age, some drs may even tell you to ttc for 2 years before they want to check you out!

I know how you feel though, at 28 i thought id have no problems either, but I was ttc since mid 2005 - I had two losses on the way, and finally at the END of 2006 I got my sticky BFP and expecting our first child in August. So although dh and I were both healthy and fit, it took longer than we expected but we got here in the end!

Try to relax and enjoy the whole baby making experience. DTD for pleasure and fun too and try not to worry about which CD you are etc etc.. Have some fun and relax a little, you never know what can happen when your not thinking about it!

Sending you heaps of

Lisa

Mum2Furbabies Guest

Sassy123, I know what you mean. You are always hearing about gals who accidently fall pg, sometimes against all odds, and yet with all the charting, temping, obsessing and bd'ing the rest of us do and still it takes ages!!!

I like to think that each bub is born when it needs to be born, and its just a matter of it showing up at the right time. Maybe the cutest bub in the world is 6 eggs away, so I just have to be patient and wait till he/she is ready to be born! It helps me to think of it in these terms rather than like I am creating something with a chemistry set...!

thanks for the kind words and advice

sassy - i know exactly what you mean, when you hear about people who accidently fall pregnant. and people who just decide to get pregnant and it happens immediately.

al (hubby) and i had a chat about it this morning, and if things don't work this month then we're going to DTD every day next month his reaction? 'OH MY GOD I'M GOING TO BE EXHAUSTED'

jen_b - wishing you all the best. hurry up AF! orrr... a BFP :P

Hi Kitty - just wanted to send good wishes for you! I know what you mean about waiting... I'm still waiting for AF to return, nearly 11 mths post-BCP - so i hate to think about the waiting when I'm actually able to TTC! It can be so frustrating though, esp when nearly everyone you know is preg, or when your fam keep asking you about it... sometimes I'm really tempted to say "Well I haven't had a period in nearly a year so how can I fall pregnant?" - just to see the reaction...