Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Two week wait - anyone else?

Default Two week wait - anyone else?

Hi there,
    Just wondering if anyone else has just started their dreaded ttw.
    I have promised myself this month that I will not under any circumstances think I am having pregnancy symptoms!
    The mind plays awful tricks sometimes.
    DH and I BD all week on every possible day there was a chance so it is nice to no that we couldn't have possibly done anything else and its out of our hands now.
    We are both exhausted now, time to rest.
    Good luck everyone, hope we all catch that egg.
    J

Jo74 Guest

Hi, I am also doing the dreaded 2ww - I am in the same boat I promise myself each month that I will not think to much about things as every little niggle or strange feeling I start getting my hopes up that it may finally be our month for a BFP only to be disappointed....How long have you been trying? You never know this could be the month for both of us to get BFPs....good luck....

I don't know if I qualify, because I am CD 70 now, so i suppose its more like the 7 week wait? I need to resist testing again until saturday (i'm trying only to test every week at this point, or I'll go insane)

Hi,
    I am also starting the dreaded 2WW today. Have also promised myself that I will not turn any & every niggle into PG symptoms. Its easier said than done some times, so am trying to put all that energy into something more productive because I know that DH and I did all we could so it's just a matter of wait and see.

Big to everyone who is also undertaking this journey & here's hoping it's our month.

Hi!
    My first posting! TTC #1 for 7months, getting old at 35!!
    I'm 1w in on 2 week wait....and it's driving me mad! Feeling pretty negative-only symptoms are cramps, suggesting AF is on her way, or else 'imaginary which isn't unusual for me now! Did try hard this month too! Trying to think positive, but it's hard isn't it? Found out on Friday yet another friend pregnant, which always hurts although of course i'm really pleased for her.
    Fingers crossed for everyone!!! 8-[

Aquariangypsii Guest

Aggghhh!!!! Another one on the nasty TWW. I'm 9PDO and have already started testing, and of coarse no second line. Things are looking grim as I have started getting the Pre AF sore BB's. Damn, we tried so hard this month!

I'm off to see the fertility clinic next week though which is pretty exciting. My doctor said the first thing they will probably do is check my tubes (but they also had my bloods & DH's little swimmers tested again, said they check for different things than the doctors).

I did a little reading up on IVF and it sounds really scary! Have any of you ladies tried it? Is it painfull?

Aw Well, best of luck to all you ladies on the TWW and l'm praying for BFP's for all of us!!!

Default two week wait

Hi Jo74 and others,
    It's nice to no that I'm not the only one going crazy at the moment.
    Jo we have been ttc since last June and it just seems to get worse every month.
    I was the most upset I have been last month so I have really tried to pull myself together as I know it could still be awhile before we manage it.
    You just don't think it could be this hard, there are so many others who get pregnant without even trying it can be quite hard to take especially when it's young girls who aren't married and don't even really want it but I guess that's murphy's law.
    It's also hard that when you try not to think about it all you see around you is newborns and then someone you know announces their pregnant and even though you are happy for them it's still a little hard.
    So how about you, how long have you been ttc?
    Good luck, look forward to seeing how you go this month.
    J

I know what you girls mean by trying not to convince yourselves you are pg - I have done that about 3 times so far since we started TTC. and does anyone else feel like early pg symptoms are so vague they could be anything (ie headaches, tiredness, sore BBs, cramps)? I reckon there are heaps of MEN out there who could be said to be suffering from pg symptoms.

J-thank you for writing what i've been feeling!!
    You're spot on with newborns/pregnant women everywhere you turn (or at least it seems that way!)
    A close friend is currently 20w with #2-both number 1 and 2 conceived first month of trying! Aaarrghh!! And, a year older than me.
    I'm sure PMS gets worse whilst trying too! The mood swings/anxiety definately seem worse.
    I'm 8DPO, and of course a negative PT as you'd expect, but couldn't resist, and thought if nothing else it may at least try and pursuade me not to get hopes up too much this month!
    Planning on 'starting the investigation pathway' once AF arrives with a trip to the GP
    m

deedeeze Guest

Can I join this club too?

I am 11dpo (based on EWCM) and will test Saturday (15dpo). No real symptoms. Have a headach but that is most likely work stress.

This is our first month TTC, so no doubt I will have a few more TWWs!

Jo74 Guest

Hi DJTTC & fellow TWWers

We have been TTC for about 14 months - I was recently referred to a gyno who has run another set of blood tests and also checking hubbys swimmers (I get the results today) - had a scan last week to check ovaries and uterus, all looked good - next step I have been told is the checking of the tubes then I am not sure what happens after that, I suppose i will find out soon enough.

I know what you mean everywhere I look at the moment are newborns (which are so cute) and I also have several friends who are pregnant at the moment, I am hoping to join the pregnant club soon...

Stay positive everyone and take heart that there are lots of us going through the same thing at the same time - we will all get there soon, fingers crossed March is the month.

mrsrobinson Guest

I am about 10dpo in the TWW. It is so frustrating and I already have one BFN

I made the big mistake of going to the Zoo on Saturday. There were babies, strollers and pregnant women everywhere. I had to get out quick.

My mind is playing tricks on me and I spent all day at work obsessing. We shall see.

Good luck to everyone. May you find TTC success. :luck:

Hi girls,

I'm pretty sure I started the TWW today. Like everyone here, I am not going to obssess about each and every symptom because last cycleI thought I had all the classical pregnancy symptoms, sore boobs, nausea, bloating and it turns out that those are my ovulation symptoms!!! I'll be 1dpo tomorrow so I've still got 2 agonising weeks ahead of me.

Good luck to all!!!

I am 11dpo and ready to tear my hair out. I am so tempted to test today even though I swore I wouldn't test early. I would rather see AF than a BFN but I can feel that is whats coming - I will not be able to help myself, I will test early and get a BFN and then AF will show up and I will be angry over the BFN and that fact I wasted $8 - $10 bucks! So I am really trying not to think about testing and actually hoping for AF to come so I will know one way or the other soon. Maybe we should all list some suggestions for distracting ourselves?? I know my fridge could use a clean out and I should also really do some gardening! Any other ideas?
    Kim

furkids Guest

I am 13dpo and AF should arrive today or tomorrow. I refuse to test beforehand because last month I wasted so many $$ on tests and still got a BFN. I also refuse to focus on my sore breasts as symptoms and am trying to wait patiently (while surfing the bellybelly boards )

i'm 10DPO today, and have resisted testing today so far. Hard as I don't work today. Trying to make myself hold off, and if No AF by Sunday, will test then.....at least that is my plan!!
    I agree....prefer getting AF to the disappointment of a BFN!
    Still no symptoms other than cramps suggestive of AF, and short tempered++!!
    (discovered yet another pregnant friend yesterday!!!!!)

Default JO74

Hey Jo74,
    You mentioned you were expecting some test results back, how did you go?
    Also curious as how long you waited to seek medical advice, we are thinking that if not pregnant this month I might go next month.
    I'm not even half way through ttw yet, lucky I guess that work is really busy.
    J

Jo74 Guest

Hi DJTTC,

Sorry for the delay in responding....I got all of my blood test results as well as hubbys swimmers results and all came back fine which was a hugh relief....I have to make a appointment next week he is going to let me know some options to try to speed up the process to get me pregnant quicker.....not quite sure what that involves but I will find out next week.

We waited for 13 months before we made the decision to go and get checked out, most people I think only wait around 12 months but I had a couple of months last year when I was quite sick so we waited the extra couple of months.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast