Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is your idea of FMU?

Red face What is your idea of FMU?

Hey there

Just wondering what your idea of FMU (first morning urine) is?? For example - do you or have you taken a test in with you at say 3am?? I have a tendency to have to get up at least once through the night and am wondering whether to test in the middle of the night/early morning or just test when I get up for the day?? what do you think??

who would have thought there would be such a science behind it

Wish me luck

I had never thought about it in the middle of the night when i woke up, just when I got up in the morning. It's an interesting theory because if you've gone to bed at say 10pm & tested at 3am that's 5hrs concentration compared to weeing at 3am then testing at 6am which would be 3hrs concentration.

Now you've done it, you got me thinking! Now when we're TTC again I'll be testing at 3am LOL!!

Oh great then I won't be the only loony trying to wee on a stick with the light from my mobile to guide me

I hadn't even thought about it until the other day when my girlfriend told me that's what she did and it got me thinking

The question is though when you get a BFP, can you hold it in until morning or will you rush in & wake DH up? I would be shaking him going "OMG OMG" and he'd probably think someone was breaking into the house!

That's exactly what my girlfriend did and DH didn't remember in the morning - lol - he thought he dreamt it.

I think I'd have to wake DH - there is no way I could sustain myself.

Oh well at this point I'm not sure I've commited myself to time ....still looking at waiting until I'm late, my track record with baby no.1 was horrendous for hpt's - i'm sure I kept their businesses afloat - hence why I'm holding back with this one but then again that could all change at 3am - lol

Well good luck with it for whenever you test! You know now when I'm up for my early morning pregnant wee I'll be thinking of you weeing on a stick

Thanks for that, fingers and toes crossed I'll get a BFP

Bugga, now you've got me thinking too. I probably get up twice some nights cause I have been trying to increase my water intake during the day and when you have a small bladder like I do, you can't hold it in without suffering pain afterwards. The bugga thing about out loo is its right next to the bedroom and when you turn the light on, the exhaust fan starts running automatically and its noisy! Might invest in a torch!

My fingers are crossed for you Dianna!!!!!!!

thanks Kell

I gave in and tested this morning and got a BFN and now I'm kicking myself as subconciously I knew I shouldn't test today - with Baby No.1 I never got a BFP until I was late even with the early detector tests - I should just trust my body and stop being so impatient!!!

Oh well so at this point I'm holding onto the tiny glimmer of hope that I don't get my period and then get my BFP - oh well if not next month here we come - I'm buggered even thinking about it - lol

Still praying for my BFP

DiannaQ, Hang in there. I know I would really like to test early and I would liek to say that i will just wait until AF is due, but I can tell you know, I just dont have the strength to test 4 days before AF is due. Maybe I will have enough strength to just wait 4 more days. i am certainly going to try though. Cause I know how disapointing it can be to waste a test when you know only to well that you should have waited.

I pray you get your BFP too!

Thanks Puppies - hang in there - hope you get your BFP also :hugs:

Fingers crossed for you Dianna.

Oh bummer Dianna.. sorry it wasnt a BFP but theres still time. How long until youre due for AF?

Not due until Monday - very latest Tuesday could even be as early as tomorrow - I'm still holding on though - my subconcious hasn't given up just yet - the symptoms are too strong but here's hoping they eventuate into something other than just being a PITA and playing with my head - lol

Thanks MrsMac

My fingers are crossed for you Dianna!!

Default Dairy diet

Hi ladies,
    Just wondering whether anyone has tried the dairy diet (or extra calcium/magnesium) for conceiving a girl? I'm a bit nervous about using the shettles method for a girl bc your best chance of conceiving is on O day and I dont want to risk missing the eggy.

Jodson.. i didnt use any diet with my TTC a girl. We used the shettles method and it worked with a 2 day cut off before O. There is actually a gender swaying thread here :http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/conc...aying-5-a.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast