Thread: What's wrong with normal lubricant?

Question What's wrong with normal lubricant?

Hi there,

Still new to this TTC stuff, this is our first cycle! So I've heard that people use pre-seed lubricant. (This seems ricidulously expensive).

So what is wrong with just using normal lubricant? Is it just for people with TTC difficulties that need pre-seed?

I've also read on another post that Wet Stuff is good. (This at least is a reasonable price). We currently use Ansells brand (everything as I'm a bit dry).

What do you reccommend? Is it okay to still use Ansells or are we undoing all our good work in BDing?

Thanks in advance?

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

Its to do with the PH level of the lubricant as you want the lebel in your vagina to be right so that sperm survive and swim!!

We ttc for 12 months and in the last 4 months we used pre seed it is expensive but well worth the money when u are getting over the ttc time!!

Thanks Feeb!

Do other people use pre-seed? Anyone use wet stuff?

More opinions please!

We had no issues conceiving with normal lubricant. We didn't need to use lube when we were TTC our first child and he took 12 months to achieve so not sure what that says

I think that it's only if it's taking a longer than average time TTC and you are using lube then it could be one thing to consider trying. I agree it is expensive!

We mostly use KY

We have started using pre-seed the last 2 cycles.
    Have a look on the pre-seed website. It explains why other lubricants aren't good for conception.

We only ever used KY, Wet Stuff or Ansell.....really whatever we grabbed when shopping.

DD1 was conceived after 3 cylces (but i was coming off the pill, so maybe thats why it took 3 months)
    DD2 was conceived 4-6 weeks after DD1 birth.

So for me, no lube made any difference when TTC

we use Sylk, its a little more expensive but you really only need a drop, we didnt use it when TTC #1 but use it now as im still b/feeding and a litle dry, so not sure if its bad or not, but worth checking out