Thread: When you say AF cramping in early pregnancy

12bliss Guest

Question When you say AF cramping in early pregnancy

To what extent is it many woman say they thought AF was coming when they were actually pregnant but is it EXACTLY the same or just similar?

Thanks guys

Tricky Q as it seems to differ so much for everyone. MIne was different, more like a niggle than a cramp, but some people say it was worse than cramps!

How many dpo are you? GL

12bliss Guest

hey thanks for the quick reply, i am 10DPO today and have had slight cramping for the last couple of days so im not sure, feels like AF is coming but i dont have sore BB's like normal with AF so IDK

with Kat and jess, the cramps were bad for me. But by week 9 or ten, they'd cleared up. I remember when pg with jess, I was cramping one day when I was out.....the pain was so bad I raced to the loo (not easily done with a pram) to check cause it felt like it did when I m/c a number of yrs ago....bad cramps. But no blood so all was good. Having said that.....pain is different to everyone so it's purely a subjective thing. FIngers crossed u get ur BFP soon!!!

Hi hun,
    The cramps for me had me laying on the lounge with a hot water bottle.
    I was positive I was going ot get AF, but she never came. The cramps lasted for me till about weeks 9-10. They were much worse than AF crmps too. I also did have slight spotting for the whole cramps time too though.
    Hop this helps hun, and you get that +.

12bliss Guest

hey thanks guys... my temps are still up so u never know... AF is due in 3 days

sophabulous Guest

Lil Aussie did your spotting stop when your cramping did around weeks 9-10? I'm going through the same thing

Mine was exactly like those niggly cramps that you get just b4 your AF....It started about 12 days before AF would have been due! Good luck

Fire Fly Guest

Girls when you say 7DPO, when do you actually take the first day from. Sorry for the dumb question.

I am almost 7 weeks pg, and I think my cramps are getting worse! I've had them since 7DPO, I was convinced that af was coming and kept racing to the loo to check! Of course, after I got my BFP the cramps just made me worried, but I think I'm getting used to them now. I have to say, they are definitely worse than my usual af cramps! I just keep reminding myself of all the growing and stretching that's going on in there.

Soph,
    My cramps did stop around the same time as the spotting did. The spotting was not EVERY day for the whole time though, it went for like 4-5 days, then eased off for a few days etc.
    TMI WARNING!!!!!!!
    Also, it was never enough to go onto a liner, only when i wiped, and it ranged from pinkish/red, through to brown. I also seemed to get jelly type mucous that was stained in these colours at the same time too. I found that the more activity I did when i had the spotting, the worse it seemed to get, so I would just try to go easy on those days.
    I have not had any spotting at all since then, and bubs is nice and big, and kicking like a mule lol, and they never found a reason in the ultrasounds, so I would say it was just bubs getting nice and snug in utero.
    Hope yours is as harmless Soph, fingers crossed for you hun

Hello, PG cramps were not as bad as usual AF cramps. The thing that made them different for me was that it felt more like a rhythmic contraction sensation (like if you were having an orgasm only not as nice) unlike AF cramps which just hurt all over. Mine started right on the day AF was due, when she didn't turn up after the second day, I tested and got a BFP. No spotting at all. HTH
    :-)

Fire Fly Guest

Yeah thanks Fletch, wasnt sure if day one of 'O' was actually counted as D1. Now i know its not. Just curious.

Debbie Lee Guest

With Gab they felt just like AF cramps. I got to CD30 and no AF (I was a 27/28 day cycler back then) so I did a HPT out of curiousity (cos I was so sure AF was coming) and I got a BFP! Had the cramping for a few weeks still after that.
    I feel like AF is on her way again and have been feeling crampy off and on from CD18 (3DPO). I've had a temp drop this morning tho so it may just be AF on her way

Fire Fly Guest

What a bummer about af may be coming Deb, when i was reading your post I was thinking OMG she is pg again. Lucky duck. But no, you were just talking about your first pg. Never mind.

Debbie Lee Guest

Hehe.. yeah, Kerrie. I don't think we've managed it this time round. If my temps had stayed up, I might be more optimistic. Ah well.