Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tupperware stack cooker?

Default Tupperware stack cooker?

Ok, so there's something pretty daggy about this, but does anyone have and use a Tupperware stack cooker? How useful are they really??

I remember they were all the rage in the early 90s, my gf had one and looooooved it.

I'm wondering whether it would be handy when I'm cooking just for my DDs and me (when DH is away) - you know, doing rice and veggies at the same time?? Or steaming several different veggies all at once?

I got given one as a wedding gift 6 years ago and have never used it for stack cooking .

I really should pull out the recipe book and try it one of these days!!

I used to have one - I sold it on eBay a while ago! I never really used it! I only used it as a microwave cooking container, not for actual stack cooking IYKWIM. Sorry that doesn't help you much!!

They still sell them - I think they come in a transparent red colour now (mine was white, much nicer I think!) and I think the set is around $140!

I have one and 2 cookbooks to go with it and have never used it as a stack! I got it years and years ago and I really should use it but never seem to. Maybe we can motivate each other?

You could get a rice cooker with a steamer tray and do veges and rice in that. It's probably a heap cheaper than tupperware. I just bought a new one for about $40.
    I couldn't live without a rice cooker - the thought of going back to stovetop rice makes me shudder.

I was given one years ago. I never found the need to use it.

ok, Im biased cos I sell tupperware, but I love my stack cooker.
    The plastic its made from now is a different type of plastic to the older, white stack cooker, and it actually enables the food to cook better. I love it for doing rice int he microwave, and for things like curries where I can do the rice and the meal at the same time, and the smells dont permeate (prob more handy if you are doing a savoury and a dessert at the same time)

i have the new red one, however i only the the 1.5l one and no idea what to make with it. The recipes i was given are mainly for the actual stackcooker.
    Any ideas for the 1.5l cooker?

I only use mine for the bowls aswell

Quote Originally Posted by sconeonamission View Post
    i have the new red one, however i only the the 1.5l one and no idea what to make with it. The recipes i was given are mainly for the actual stackcooker.
    Any ideas for the 1.5l cooker?
    So you only have to top component on the stack cooker and the lid? Did you get it as a special, or did you have the bottom part before but dont have it now?

You can still do desserts, mains, rice etc in it, but as you only have the one compartment you cant do 2 meals at the same time.

You can also use the lid sepeately to cook bacon etc in the microwave..

i have the stack cooker and use it alot ... but i need more recipes .... the only thing i find is it takes ages to cook brown rice in , but it takes ages on the stove top too ....

i would use it alot better if i got more info about it , i just knew i wanted one and now not really sure what to do with it , i think the yellow book that came with it confused me to much , i need simple instructions , like rice : 15 mins , pasta :9mins ... etc instead of recipes

i love it and use it , but i could be usuing it better kwim !!!

i bought the 1.5l cooker on its own. It was a host special.

oh I see. You could use it just as a regular mocrovace cooking container, or you could get your demonstrator to order you the 1.5L top section of the regular SC. This will fit on top of the one you got as a host special and give you a stak cooker of 2 1.5L compartments with a lid, if you wanted to.

Lea, I will see what I can find for you recipe/instruction wise. How many watts is your microwave?

can some one tell me how to do rice in it please.

Like RayRay I am a demonstrator too andi use mine every day! I do my veggies in the big compartment and then one of those side dishes (pasta or rice) in the top part at the same time! It is so quick and easy to clean too

Iactually sell heaps of them and all my customers rave about them! I dont know what i did before i had it!

With cooking rice

This is out of the tupperware cookbook for perfect rice

2 cups rice
    2.5 cups water

rinse the rice untill the water runs clear,
    place in the microwave cooker - smaller one or larger base if cookign larger amounts
    add the water (cold)
    cover and cook on medium high for 6 mins (60% power)
    uncover and cook another 6 mins on medium high
    Cover it and let it stand for 5-10 mins to finish itself off - it will stay hot when covered for about 30 mins

Hope that helps

I have 3 layers to my stacker. Do the new ones have this??

thanks Cindy will try it tonight

Good luck with it! My girlfriend swares by cooking it that way

The new ctack cookers have 2 layers, one thats just over 2ltrs and the top one which is about 1.5l

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast