Thread: 12 week PERFORMANCE GOALS

Default 12 week PERFORMANCE GOALS

I need to think of a 12 weel performance goal and I am struggling.

I was thinking about running 5kms but I am not sure I have it in me! 3kms seems like a poor effort
    I don't really have anything in that respect i want to achieve (but i dont really think outside the square!)

Do you have any ideas??

*can a mod fix my title please, not sure what happened? performance-ial??? performance goal please*

how about exercising a certain number of times a week for a certain length?

What about swimming or cycling instead of running? You can aim for a 10km (or 5km ) bike ride or 20 laps of the pool...

Sorry not sure where my brain was at as I did not make that very clear. It needs to be a goal with a definitive outcome Nic, so unfortunately saying consistent gym attendance won't fly. I thought about.running but then I realised my focus is resistance training so I don't think I will have the time to commit to.a cardio goal IYKWIM.

I am still thinking I may need to ask my trainer for some ideas tomorrow. I was hoping to have it completed so he can sign it off - oh well!

I font know.what a reasonable weight would be for.me to attain with the weights training. Maybe half of ky body weight on the gravitron, or 30kg press.. its hard because I have really done that training yet!

Cruddy typing courtesy of my touch screen

What about something like 30 pushups on toes, 30 jump squats, 20 bicep curls, 20 tricep dips...those sorts of things?

You can do 5kms in 8 weeks DC!

Look up couch to 5 k on the web, it coaches you through from starting out to completing the entire 5kms! I think thats a great fitness goal for you hun!

I talked to my trainer and he said it doesnt have to be A 12 week goal so i think i will put running 5kms.

Leesa i know about the c25k i have the app on my phone Just i will be doing majority weights sessions and wasnt sure if i would be able to commit enough time for the cardio! I think i will work towards it, i would be happy if i can do 2kms by the end of 12 weeks.

DC - I'm often posed with this dilemma. So I relate it to what we're doing in PT and my long term goals.

By the end of the month I WILL be able to do 20 push ups

By the end of the month I WILL be able to increase my weights to xyz doing abc exercise

I WILL be able to do the prone position for xyz time

I WILL be able to do 25 min on the cross trainer

and so forth