Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone done Cohens?

Hi Gabysmum, i'm also doing Cohens (inspired by Bec..lol) and today is Day 15 for me and i've lost 5.4kg as of this morning. It really is a great program, and well worth the investment. Not sure if you are still breastfeeding though, but they won't let you do it until you've stopped (which you may have done).

Bec is doing soooo well, but i'll let her tell you how she's going. It's amazing!!!

Thanks Shan - Well done on the weight loss . It certainly is inspiring when you hear others success stories. I suppose I was concerned that after the intitial weight loss that you might slow down IYKWIM?

Having seen essentially what the program entails, are you sticking to it 100% or have you "Cheated" at all?! Cause they say if you cheat even a little bit that that is your whole weeks weight loss gone...

I havent cheated yet but there is Easter approaching.
    I have lost 21.2 kilos in 9 weeks, after my initial big loss of 10.7 in my first 4 weeks I have averaged 7 kilo kilos. But find my loss is usually in the first 2 weeks of the month and then I get AF which slows down the month and then maybe a kilo after that.
    This morning I fitted into DH jeans whoohooo looks like he wont be getting them back
    Bec

YAY Bec...that's awsome. I'm hoping i can lose it as quickly as you are!!!!.

Gabysmum - I haven't cheated either, and i don't intend to. I want to get all this weight off as quickly as possible and i'd rather just go without, than have the tiny satisfaction that doesn't last of having a piece of chocolate or whatever, and losing a whole weeks progress. And yes, i've read a lot of peoples journals who are doing Cohens, and those that did deviate from the plan put there weight loss back a week and found they lost nothing. I don't want to risk it.....

As for the rate of weight loss, you can see from Bec that she is averaging 1.5 - 2kg a week now, but everyone is different, and as you get close to your goal weight, it will probably slow down a bit more because your body is trying to get rid of the fat that has been there the longest, so it is harder, but when you average it out from start to finish, the big losses at the start make up for the smaller losses at the end.

The best bit though is the re-feed, which is the program you get once your are within 2kg of your goal weight, and this program goes for approx. 2 - 3 weeks and slowely introduced richer foods back into your diet ie. fattier meats, breads and pastas, chocolate, wine etc. This part is very important as you learn what your body can handle and what it can't and will put on weight with. This is what appealed to me, as it's not just a matter of finishing and going back to normal eating like other diets and putting the weight back on, but learning what your body can do with the food you feed it, and making the right choices for it, and ultimately controling your weight for ever.

Shan you put it so much better than I....you are doing fabulous, I too am looking forward to refeed. Knowledge of what is going to effect your body balance and thus put on weight is going to be a big key of keeping this off. And deep down I know I wont deviate it isnt worth it...but buying one easter egg and putting it away for when I finish is something I will do
    Bec
    Formally BMI classified as obese NOW overweight

WooHoo Bec....i can't wait unitl i'm in that catagory...lol. I'm so proud of you..xxxx

21 kilos in 9 weeks is amazing indeed Bec, well done.

I think I am definitely going to join, thanks for all your input guys.

No probs Gabysmum, but my advice is you have to be 100 percent sure you want to do it, coz deviating isn't worth it, and if you are'nt fully committed then it will definately take longer to complete and will be a waste of money.

If you do decide though, let us know and we'll help you along the way....xxx

mrmoo Guest

Have any of you ladies done a blog of some sort? Maybe with before and after pics? Following someone's progress is inspiring especially if you can relate like in a blog.

Congratulations on the weight losses, awesome achievement!

Yeah, i have a journal on another forum - I don't have any photos yet - well i do but no one will EVER see them - but in the forum there is a thread with before and after photos. Unbelievable. So inspiring. Google New You, or Google weight loss forum photos and Also on cohens (their main site) there are testimonials with a few photos.
    Last edited by Lucy; July 7th, 2007 at 09:49 PM.

Shan you sound like a believer
    Mr Moo I have taken some photos through I will post them one day, I'm a work in progress atm lol.
    Bec

Hi Bec and Shan

I was just wondering how you're both going on Cohens?
    I am going to be starting this next month and I am so very excited... a friend of my Mums has lost a dramatic amount of weight in 5 months of doing this... I desperately need to lose a lot of weight. Do you think that Cohens is a quick fix diet or a total lifestyle change that you could imagine doing for the rest of your life? Do you think it is worth the money? Would you recommend it?

Lisa,
    Sorry I havent looked in this forum for awhile and just came across this post.
    Well I am 2 kilos off re-feeding cause I have been very naughty lol, well I havent been sticking 100% to my program but am still losing and are back with gusto atm.
    I chatted to Shan a few weeks ago and she was still committed and had lost quite a bit of weight more than 18 kilo's
    As far as your questions of you have the drive to dedicate yourself 100% to the program it isnt a waste of money. I'm now 73 kilos which coming from 109 has happened rather quickly and when I do be naughty and have king size cherry ripes lol. I can pull myself back into line the next day! I know that my body doesnt need the amount of carbs and sugar I was eating before but I am not afraid to eat junky every now and then. Shan and I had a big talk before she started and I sang its praises and still do
    Bec

So how much have you lost Bec, are we allowed to ask? It sounds fab!

36 kilos so far It has been the best program for me, I never thought I could of lost it all in such a short amount of time.
    Bec

wow Bec, well done! Thats sensational!

Are you coming to the Vic meetup? I haven't seen you since the BB Christmas dinner, so while I look much the same, I don't think I will recognise you!!

Oh wow Bec... well done!!! Congrats!!!

Thanks soooo much for answering my question... yep, I am most definitely 100%+ committed, and I am starting when I get my tax refund.
    OMG... I am soooooo excited now... thanks so much Bec!!! You've definitely inspired me.

LOL RayRay yep are coming if it doesnt fall on the Sat lunch as trying ro wrangle out of work commitments.
    Well done Lisa best Tax return you ever will do . Let me know when you are starting I love the fantastic results especially the first month...I think I lost about 10 kilos.
    Bec

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast