Thread: CSIRO diet?

samantha11 Guest

Default CSIRO diet?

Hi
    I was wondering if anyone has tried the "total well being diet" deveolped by the CSIRO? I Started this diet last monday, so far im feeling great!
    I would be interested to hear from anyone who has tried this eating plan and what their results were?
    thanks

samantha

Hi Samantha and welcome to BellyBelly!

I had never heard of that diet before, so I just Googled it, and it came up with heaps of positive reviews!
    Sounds like you are onto something good there.
    How did you find out about it? And how did you get the info, meal plans etc? Is it available as a book, or what?

I hope its still all going well and that you are still feeling great!
    Best of luck.

I have tried it and found it excellent.

Follow it pretty much all the time, just not down to the letter!

So far, this pregnancy, with gestational diabetes and on insulin, I have not put on any weight - and I am almost 28 weeks.

I was overweight to start with, so I would say that the good eating is helping heaps.

It is a great eating plan as it includes all food groups and doesn't specifically target/exclude some.

Good Luck!!

samantha11 Guest

Hi Ambah!
    Here is the link on the csiro website! All the menu plans are there to give you some ideas. We Dont follow the menu plans exactley anymore once you get the hangof it, its easy to work out what you can and cant eat, and how many serves a day you need. Im almost to the end of week 2 now and have lost about 3 kgs!!!!!!!!! Im also still breastfeeding and have found that its had no effects on my supply, if anything its made it better, i think due to the fact that im eating lots more veges!

Thanks for the feedback Kelli, I also wan to continue this when i fall pregnant again, as i put on 25kgs with this one

samantha
    xox

Hi Samantha, thanks heaps for your reply
    Unfortunately I have had to remove the link, as per our forum guidelines, as we don't allow link to any other websites that aren't affiliates of BellyBelly.

However, I will definately be checking it out - and if anyone else wants the link, please email or PM me for it

3kg in 2 weeks is awesome, well done! =D>

I also put on heaps of weight in my pregnancy... almost 40kg to be exact. So I have another 5-10kg to go until I will be happy

Oh I might have to have a look at this one.

Also, I think A Current Affair is having a segment on this tonight, if it's not ACA it's Today Tonight - it's one of them lol!

The dietitian that I work with offers the CSIRO diet as one option for obese/overweight people, as an alternative to a low fat high carbohydrate diet. She seems to think that as long as you stick to one or the other, it's really a matter of personal preference.

I haven't tried it myself though.

Debbie Lee Guest

We bought the book a few weeks ago but haven't started it. It's a bit slack, I know!
    Our problem is $$.
    To follow the diet to the letter (like I want to do), we need to probably spend double what we normally do on groceries for the first week (this is due to all the condiments and stuff that you need to make the meals etc.).
    We will get to it.
    Until then, we have been trying to up the exercise and the fruit and veges.