Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favourite Low Fat Grocery Items???

Default Favourite Low Fat Grocery Items???

What are your faves?

Mine would have to be...

Gravy : 0 pts
    Fun size chockies: 1- 1.5pts (great little indulgences)
    Western Star Butter (the silver one): .5 pts
    Oil Spray: 0 pts
    97% FF Ham & chicken (shaved): .5 pts/3 slices
    St Dalfour Jams: 0 pts (we used them before didn't realise they were no sugar)
    Oyster Sauce (yummy to dollop some on vegies when steaming): 0 pts
    Meringue Nests: .5 pts
    97% FF Dijoinaise: .5 pts/Tablespoon
    And of course...
    Diet Coke with Lemon: 0 pts

These are the things I have come to love in the past few days...If you spot any interesting/new products on the market be sure to post here

*hugs*
    Cailin

Sarah78 Guest

I am so with you on the oil spray and diet coke.

I also enjoy the Nestle Chocolate Mousse's, I think they are either 1 point or 1.5, but they are great for curing those choccie cravings!!

Also the WW Cereal Bars, they are really nice and very convenient for those hectic mornings!! They are 1.5 points!!

I lived off the WW cereal bars!!

MMMM....and the WW Choc mint bars!!

Christy

Jen Schuster Guest

My favourite Indulgences were:
    Nestle Chocolate Mouse - I loved that stuff
    Fun size mars lite bars. I would put them in the freezer so it would take me longer to eat them ;-) and
    Lemonade Icy Poles in Summer :-)
    Thats all I can think of right now

Love Jen

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

When I was younger I used to love those Jarrah Choco- drinks, there was one that tasted like tim tams MMmmmm... good way to curb the choc cravings!
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Ok I just found out something really fantastic

I did a search on Kernels Popcorn (its a franchise we have here in melb...dunno about the other states) anyway there isn't an aussie website...but there is a US one. I converted the Cals to KJ's and 3 cups of the buttersalt variety popcorn is only 1.5 pts!!!!!!! :shock: how fantastic is that We bought some over the weekend, I also splurged and bought an air popper and some of the butter salt from Kernels so now I can make it myself at home. So what I have done is made a big batch put it in a big plastic container and all I have to do is mearure out 3 cups whenever I want a healthy snack. Also very handy for late night munchies or food on the run...just fill up a freezer or snap lock bag

I love how excited I get over new stuff LOL keeps me motivated...and popcorn is sooo much better than the rice crackers (no offence if you like em, but I get a bit bored with em quickly).

*hugs*
    Cailin

Ok just to add some more

WW Fruit bars 1.5 pts ...if you have it with 100 mls of custard and nuke in the microwave I promise you its delish! And a very point friendly dessert if you ask me @ 2.5 pts.

Lunches, because there is only 2 of us and most recipes I use make 4 portions I have taken to having leftovers the next day for lunch. However sometimes I do like to have something different. I figured out the other day that 99% ff noodles are 3.5 pts and a tin of Lite Tuna is 1 pt (tom & basil mmm) so I combine the too and it was delish and very filling too.

And if you are feeling particularly peckish even after dinner try snakatas...I really am addicted to them. Don't try them and think they will taste like potato chips because they don't but they definitley beat rice crackers and if you get sick of popcorn its a tasty alternative. Half a box is 3.5 pts.

I am having such a good couple of weeks I can't wait to weigh in on monday

Goodluck everyone!

Hey Colleen...will you be joining us over here?

*hugs*
    Cailin

salt is fine I know ww makes a pedometer, and they are on special atm so maybe look at the website www.weightwatchers.com.au

Glad to have you aboard!

*hugs*
    Cailin

Sarah78 Guest

I love the WW Jellies. They are 0 points and such a great snack to make and have in the fridge. Makes a very good dessert too!!

J's_mummy Guest

Has anyone tasted the WW bacon???

Debbie Lee Guest

When I was doing WW, my favourite brekky was poached eggs on toast (no butter). You can buy electric egg poachers from kmart (black and decker brand) for less than $20. All you have to do is put a small amount of water in the appliance, crack the eggs and cover and they cook to perfection! I found that I had to eat protein in the morning so that I wouldn't get really hungry too early. I had them for breakfast today actually!
    Baked beans were also a favourite for breakfast because they filled me right up.

My favourite lunch was (and still is sometimes):
    6 WW crisp breads (2 points)
    tuna in springwater (1 point)
    Philly lite (dependent on how much - 2-3points)
    Tomato and pepper (0 points)

Really filling and delicious!

For dinner, my leader suggested a delicious meal.
    Chicken breast fillets, sliced down the middle and stuffed with philly lite and chives. Bake in the oven or on an electric fry pan until cooked. Yummo! Sometimes I crumb it aswell but of course that adds a few more points.

nestle diet yoghurts and diet choc mousse, yummo! (And only 1 point).
    And vanilla diet coke
    A favourite ww inspired meal is pizza made with lebanese bread, so yummy and quick to make.

Yes Jarrah is on the top of my list to hit those choc cravings. Do you guys have a thing over there called "philedelphia" Here in NZ it is kinda a cream cheese spread and can be used instead of butter as a spread and the whole container is only 10pts. Very tasty.

Also with the WW jellies if you mix with 1/2 of the hot water adn then top up the rest with diet lemonade makes a kinda fizzy jellie that tastes a bit sweeter - quite cool.

Cailin thanks for posting about the Kernals saltbutter (or buttersalt :-s ) I got a Cornelius (air popcorn maker) for Xmas and as much as I loooooooooove it I am sick of having plain popcorn. Woo Hoo ~ off to Kernals tonight to buy some salt

*Megan* Guest

I love the new 'low carb' icecream......it's not cheap - but it is good! Also, Bega vintage light cheese!

Megan

Okay girls, tell me where I can find the kernals butter from?

here are my faves:

diet mousse: 1pt
    jarrah hot choc: 1/2 pt
    choc billabongs: 1 1/2 pts
    WW vege lasagne: 3 1/2 pts
    coles brand fruit bars: 1 1/2 pts (same as WW ones but much cheaper)
    mini mars light bars: 1 pt
    corn thins (with WW jam): x 4: 1 pt

Linda

akina Guest

Streets Blue Ribbon Light Icecream. It tastes so creamy and yum. Everytime I eat it I have to go back and check that yes it still only has 3gm fat per 100gm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast