Thread: Had c-section need help to loose the belly-plz help!

Unhappy Had c-section need help to loose the belly-plz help!

6 months ago i had my little girl and ended up having an emergency c-section after being in hospital for 4 days i was sent home and for 2-3 months after this my scar was still reli bad i had various visits from the midwife and health visitor and now its only just healed but now i jus need some advice and help with what to eat and what execise i can do now its healed as when it was bad a i was told i couldnt reli do much jus walk and hold my wound and breath in and tense my stomache muscles but now its alot better i just wanna get rid of my jelly belly and love handles iv started cuttin down on my fatty foods and eating breakfast in the morn a sandwhich for tea and a nice warm healthy tea and stop the snacking on choc and crisps and cuttin down on the takeaways now iv made myself agree to this i just wanna know the best exercises i can do to loose that horrible belly, i was a size 10-12 before i was preg and now im a size 16 i really need some help and advice please help me... i was 21 when i had my baby and with it being my first i thought it may of been easier to loose but then people started sayin 21 ur body ends up taking alot longer to loose the weight u gain was wrong age to have my 1st baby girl i guess now im 22 and i just wanna get down to a size 12! Hope someone out there can point me in the right direction as im feeling v unhappy with how i look! xXx

I think instead of focusing on the belly you should aim for improved health and fitness and the tummy will melt away on its own.
    Going for a brisk walk/pram push is a great way to shed kilos and as you get fitter you can increase the pace and mix in a bit of jogging too.
    Weights are great because the more muscle you have the more calories you burn at rest.

If it's possible to join a gym try some of the classes there's sure to be one you like and I find that having an instructor shouting at me helps me push that little bit harder.

paradise lost Guest

Bodypump is doing wonders for my abs! And i love to run with the buggy too - hard work but SO worth it

Bx

Body bump??? whats that? Well iv starting to eat more sensibly which is most important and today i have just signed bk up with the gym and starting next week with a friend which is nice gets me out as my partner goes once a week with my brother so be nice for me to go every week with my friend and walking and slowly runnin or joggin will def be somethin i will start but for now eatin the right things and goin to the gym and doin a lap around the track at the gym will be somethin i will start next week!! Thanks for all you help and advice!

I have just had cs no2 and cant wait to start exercising. You sound like you had lots of probs healing? After DD1 i started doing water aerobics from about 6wks i'd just go lightly on the tummy stuff but by 3 months i was doing body jam classes (a dance x aerobic workout) I was 23 when i had dd1 and my tummy never went back 100% i was size 8-10 b4 been pg and got back to a 10-12. This time my cs recovery has been even better than my last. DD2 is 9 days old and i feel fab and already back to my size 10-12. I'd say just eat sensibly, drink lots of water and exercise by all means but start light and then increase it.

Thanks for all ur advice means alot! Yh i had so many troubles with my section after id had her seems all ok now but yeah def start eatin right and start exercise slowly and increase it thats def a good idea else i may go to mad and make it worse again! Startin gym next week and maybe go swimming aswell and with the eating the right things that should help me get bk to my size 10-12 i use to be aswell...i will keep u posted with how it all goes! Fingers crossed i get bk to how i use to be and be happy with how i look! Thanks again xx

paradise lost Guest

Bodypump is a les mills gym class. It's basically lifting weights to music. It tones you up, increases your strength and increases your muscle mass which speeds up your resting metabolic rate and helps you lose fat. I really enjoy it!

Bx