Thread: hypnosis for weightloss?

Default hypnosis for weightloss?

im sure i read somewhere on here about people's experiences with hypnotherapy for weightloss... but i can't find it.

can anyone tell me any stories, advice - good and bad??

does anyone know of someone who has been treated for anything sucessfully with hypnosis, how many sessions did it take, was it expensive?

i've found a couple of cd's for sale on the net, but am curious as to whether you need 'in person' sessions, or if listening to a cd each day before bed for example could warrant a positive effect?

at the moment i'm leaning towards purchasing a cd and giving it a go, nothing to lose right, well around $40 but its peanuts in the grand scheme of things... i also think it would be nice to finish the day off with some relaxtion before bed, since im not the best at 'switching off'.

love to hear anyone's thoughts

Hey Emma, I don't know heaps about hypnosis but I don't think you would need to be seen in person for it to work. The brain is a really powerful thing and lots of those relaxation CD's work!!

Back when I was in high school I had a tutor who advocated listening to tapes of the material before bed and lots of people swear by those hypnosis to cease smoking CDs. I agree that $40 is nothing in the grand scheme and at the very least you might sleep better!!

Please let me know how it goes

well i downloaded a recording for $12 and listened to it religously before bed for about 5 nights in a row, and i swear i noticed a difference, i honestly did.... some nights i felt like i was 'under' and other nights it just helped me relax.... a few times i woke up in the night with my headphones in so clearly i fell asleep during the session!! i noticed a difference during the day with what i ate too, i ate sensibly and even started leaving food on my plate, something that never happens.... then AF came to town and it co-incided with the weekend and i didnt happen to listen to the recording, and now a week later i haven't listened to it and i have been eating like a pig again...

i think if i listened to it every night it just might help, but its dedicating half an hour before bed that is the problem, some nights i just wanna jump into bed and go to sleep... its sort of like an effort to listen to it, even though it IS relaxing once i get into it, its still a huge effort to get myself to that stage, to block out everything in my head and relax...

god i lack committment.
    i think i will give it a go again.

That's really intersting Emma the effect it had on your eating choices and whoohoo for deep relaxation.

I didn't think about the effort involved to find an extra 30 mins before bed. Maybe just try it every second night? Or does it have to be daily to make an impact? It should be a reasonably time limited thing though. I can't imagine that you'd need to listen to it for years, a few months maybe, enough time to develop good habits and then you could drop it.

Solo Guest

Hi Emma

What CD did you download? Would you mind letting me know as I would love to give it a go. I am desperately wanting to shed some kilo's but with two bubs under the age of two it is so hard to be conscious of what goes into my mouth everyday. lol

I would recommend anyone try a hypnosis CD.

I have been working really hard on my health this year, & one of the many "tools" I use is a weight loss self hypnosis CD

I have "Slim Forever for Women" which as 2 tracks.......one for a guided self hypnosis, and one track that you can listen to anywhere (ie in the car, around the house etc)

It is never a quick fix, but in confunctionw ith healthy eating and exercise.......it seems to maintain the momentum and the "mental" bit........

I have been treated with hypnosis both with a CD and in person and I would definately go with the CD.

In person I found that I would fall asleep in every session, whereas the CD it was like you described, sometimes i fell asleep but other times i felt i was 'under'.

I have read somewhere that it takes 6 weeks to change something from being an effort to a habbit. So if you can listen to it for 6 weeks you should have embedded the information and changed your eating habbits alot. Then maybe you can just listen to it once in a while as a catch up.

Good luck!!