Thread: My new healthy eating plan! need some ideas

Question My new healthy eating plan! need some ideas

Aim to lose 5kg-10kg to tone up/ to be fitter and healthier.

i need some ideas on healthy foods i can bring into my diet
    What i would normally eat:

Breakfast- toast with white bread and cheese/ or crumpet with cheese ( whay can i say i love cheese)
    snacks- yogurt, muesli bars, chocolate
    lunch- toasted sandwiches, leftovers from dinner,
    lots of juice and cordial aswell as water but probably not enough
    dinner- huge dinner meat+ vegies usually

My New eating plan

Breakfast ideas
    Fruit, Muesili,Yogurt,Linseed toast with tomato
    Lunch ideas
    Brown rice with tuna, Sandwich with wholemeal bread with salad and cold meat,Small portion of dinner leftovers,Cup of soup
    Snacks:
    Fruit, D’lite yogurt, 80% fat free Filly cheese on plain rice crackers (possibly with sweet chilli saue too)
    dinner- smaller serving of dinner

Excercise- at least 3 days of 45 minute walks
    1 zumba class a week
    Last edited by Butterfly Child; July 20th, 2010 at 11:21 AM.

My concern would be the sugar content of the yogurt and your museli. Maybe substitute a low sugar cereal like weet-bix or porridge.

i have a terrible sweet tooth.. is there anything else i can have to substitute the bad stuff i have chocolate every day its terrible !!

DH and I eat too much chocolate too so we have stopped eating milk chocolate and only eat the green and blacks 85% or 70%. It's got heaps less sugar and it's better for you.
    Have you ever read Sweet Poison? It's about sugar and it's quite interesting.

i think its the cold weather too.. yeh i think i might try a dark choc as you dont have to have so much of it because it is so rich i love the lindt milk choc so im going to have to get off that somehow..

No i haven't heard about sweet poison will have to have a look might google it and have a look thanks hun xx

pop some dry roasted almonds in as a snack too (and can I tempt you to crank up the exercise a bit :-D)??

Regarding the sweet tooth, I also had the same when I got serious about losing weight, and I went cold turkey. Within a few days the craving had left my system. Maybe that may also work for you too?

Thx leesa your prob right i just have to be hard on myself and not buy it lol!! maby i could reward myself once a week and have a small peice?

i could probably crank up the excercise abit i walk almost everywhere anyway as i dont have a car, but i think i might go for an early morning walk( i cant run with my back which sux, my l4 l5 s1 discs are protruding) but fast walk lol i might try and do that every day this week and see how i go.

Any more food ideas?

Maybe for variety pop fruit with lite milk and lite yoghurt into a blender for a smoothy (I bet Miss G will be luvin that idea too :-D)!

Do you like protein drinks (you can buy them from supermarkets pre mixed) - Musashi has a bit of a sweeter taste to it and it really helps attain that feeling of 'full' due to the protein content. I love my protein drinks, just one a day though - too much protein can store as fat ;-)

Pick sweet potato over white potato, and fill your plate with other steamed vegies and maybe grilled chicken or fish for dinner. Try to limit red meat to once or twice a week maximum...

Howz that? hehe