Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NYBTC Chatter Week #7 & #8

Default NYBTC Chatter Week #7 & #8

Welcome to the New Years Body Transformation Challenge Week #7 and #8.

This is it guys... we are coming into the last leg of our challenge. In 9 short days we will all be weighing in...

This weeks articles are:

What's Stopping You From Losing Weight?

How To Stick To A Long Term Diet.

This weeks MINI CHALLENGES

- Tricep Push Ups!!!! - Lets get rid of those flabby arms!! Start with 5 in a row and work your up... Who can do the most???

- 5 mins of Core Work Daily - mix it up - do sit ups, prone bridges, use a fitness ball!

Link to old thread HERE

How did everyone go with the Mini Challenges last week? Have we had any losses? Remember only weigh yourself ONCE a week!!! Continue chatting ladies...

I just thought I'd pop in quickly before I run out of time again

I started this challenge with the best intentions and with regards to my commitment to gym and diet I have done really well. I have not however managed to post regularly in here at all and for that I am sorry.

When I'm at the gym however this is always in the back of my mind and helps to push me further.

After suffering severe exhaustion I am now on an array of things to boost my body back up. Iron supplements, protein drinks, change of diet to include meats and greens, and after a few short weeks I am feeling so much better! Its amazing!

If anything this challenge has helped me to realise that you can't expect things from your body if you don't look after it!

Not long to go now!! I can't wait to see how well we have done as a group!

Thumbs up Double good news!

I joined the gym today!!! Whooo hoooo for me. It has been 8 years since I last saw the inside of a gym and even then, it was only for 6 months and there has been no regular exercise since then either!!! It is probably too little too late for this challenge but I signed up for 12 months and attended a Body Balance class.

My second good news is that even though DP bought another packet of cigarettes (he has been away the past couple of days) I am not even tempted and actually actively don't want one!!

Feeling great. First session with a personal trainer is on Friday. After that I think I will use gym classes or wanting to do stuff there before dinner time as a reason to get out of work at a decent hour in the afternoons.

Hope everyone else is doing well????? Lea - good to hear you are recovering.

I did the LONG walk home from the bus stop this afternoon.

DH is fully supportive of me and is pushing me, he knows how down I've been, thinking that if I stay a "baby elephant" then we won't have kids

I've not stood on the scales this week, might do it tomorrow. I've been told I look slimmer, but we will see.

Punkin part of me wants to slap you and the other give you a big hug. You are NOT a baby elephant. Poor love. You are doing the right things.

WTG Kaz!! Look out you might turn into a gym junkie. I just love how 'powerful' it makes you feel when your muscles feel strong.

I've been really terrible this last week or so. My DH finally got home last Wednesday and then it was Valentines and well now I've got gastro....

Can't belive it's only 9 days to go......

Kim - I know - I'm just feeling bleuch at the moment, even though my clothes are getting looser on me. I stood on the scales tonight (after dinner) and was the same weight I was last week, which means I have lost weight, will stand on them tomorrow.

I'm feeling peeved as well because I've had to postpone going back to burlesque this time around because I'll be away for half of the classes

Am going to have to find something else fun to do exercise wise while DH is in Sydney for work.

I will be on the scales again tomorrow...

I have been really slack &... un motivated... DH & I ahve been through a bit of a bumpy road so that has been another hurdle...

Will still keep it up but think I am out of the competition running LOL... but still going to get back on track & sorted out!!!!!

Wow iron supplements are wonderful things... for the first time in months I am top of the ironing, washing and cleaning! I finally feel as if I'm ready to start uni in one short week Well I need to clean my car first but almost ready lol...

Eating wise I am still falling off the wagon! But I am eating the best balanced diet I have in years, probably since leaving home lol and for that I am proud. Still getting the dizzy spells but theyr'e not going to go away.

The gym is going really well. I am still getting there 5 times a week. 6 times this week because I'm doing a Pilates class for the first time tomorrow.

Punkin Losing cm's is a fantastic feeling. I have lost heaps of cm's but only a few kgs in weight. I love taking note of the cm's, considering how crap I'd feel if I just went by weight!

Kim Hows that gastro going? Feeling any better?

Mitch Its sometimes hard to concentrate on this stuff isn't it? If it makes you feel better I've been slowly making these changes since last year. It takes a long time but I'd rather take a long time and make permanent changes IYKWIM.

Been a bit quiet in here girls.......

I have been AWOL too......sick as a dog with an infection.

The AB's seem to have worked though and I feel marginally better.

I have started doing a fitball cardio routine.....far out, that sends the heart rate pumping, LOL!

Weigh in day for me tomorrow.......I am not hopeful........

Thanks Nat, moved on from the gastro with a raging bout of cystitis and infected kidneys....not great for someone who already has below level kidney function....the belly that I lost is back through fluid retention...
    Since DH has been back i have been very not restrained and hardly any exercise with visitors and illness etc and I have to say I feel like crap.
    Luckily I guess I haven't put back on any weight but if I don't get my finger out, I don't think it will be long....
    Turning 30 in 2 weeks and really need to try...now if the drugs will just kick in so I can move a bit....

It's weighin and measure week isn't it?

I reckon I'm going to have to pull out. All this kidney stuff has left me so bloated with water retention that I look six months pregnant. The results will be skewed too much. Sorry Nat.

yes, I think tomorrow or Saturday is D-day.
    I hope I stay the same as what i was at the halfway point! (I am going off my home scales as these were what all my other weigh ins were done on) The 6 days on holiday certainly did not do my weight loss efforts any good.

Went fo my first WW meeting last night, it was a lot better than I expected.

AF has reared her ugly head and I'm not on the pill (have been since i stopped b/f but didnt renew my script in time) so I'm getting PMS for the first time in ages, and trying to hold off on the sugar and chocolate cravings. Its really hard!

Weigh in tomorrow.....right, better try & remember that!

I weighed in yesterday at the chemist and lost another 1kg, so am pretty happy.....slow and steady wins the race and all that......

And I have started doing a fitball cardio workout (at home, on DVD). Fark.....the first time I did it I realised how totally unco I am.....it is bloody hard work!

If everyone could start getting their weights and measurements into me that would be great!

Smile It's March already!

I have not been around much on BB lately but I have continued to attend the gym on most days since I joined, including this morning for my first solo go at the weights machine routine they worked out for me. Picked today because it would be quiet and there were only a couple of people in the gym so I didn't feel too unco. Unfortunately I don't think my gym time is translating into lower numbers on the scales just yet. Not to worry, I refuse to give up and, like others have said, I want this to be a new kind of lifestyle where I am actually fit and healthy

It has been fairly quiet in here. Prob'ly because the year is well underway and everyone gets really busy.

Mitch - hope you're travelling ok mate. Take care.
    Kim - really sorry to hear you have been having such a rough time of it and feeling so terrible. Hope you're feeling better soon.
    Lucy - WTG!!! You are a machine, slow and steady is the best kind of weight loss and a kilo in a week is not to be sniffed at anyway
    Lea - forgot today was D-Day so will have to weigh and measure tomorrow morning (for what it's worth!) and will pm you then.

Hey Lea - I e-mailed my details to you. My weight has definitely hit a plateau in February but I feel smaller and healthier so I'm concentrating on that. Also, AF is here so the scales could look better next week (too late for this challenge tho).

Its awfully quiet in here girls......I hope everyone is ok?

I only lost 2kg this month. But that is ok. Will do measurements this evening.

I'm doing the "Virtual Everest Challenge" starting tomorrow so that will be fun - it will make me do more walking - even though it is too late for this challenge.

Well i have lost 4kg total.... not too bad considering I had to lose 2kg of that twice

Will do measurements & email you tomorrow Lea...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast