Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NYBTC Chatter Week #5 & #6

Default NYBTC Chatter Week #5 & #6

Welcome to the New Years Body Transformation Challenge Week #5.

First and most importantly we had our first weigh ins!

The leaders are as follows:

By CMs

1. Schaz & Lucy - both on 26 cms lost!

2. Shazz - 20.5 cms lost!

3. RayRay - 19 cms lost!

By %

1. Kaz76 - lost 8.6% (6.5 kgs)

2. Shazz - lost 7.6% (5.9 kgs)

3. RayRay - lost 7.1% (6 kgs)

CONGRATULATIONS EVERYONE!!!!
    That is an awesome effort and it is so close all the way through!

This weeks article is:

10 steps to avoid losing the thrill

This weeks MINI CHALLENGES

- Drink 2 litres of water

- 2 sets of 20 of squats and lunges daily

Link to old thread HERE

How did everyone go with the Mini Challenges last week? Have we had any losses? Remember only weigh yourself ONCE a week!!! Continue chatting ladies...

Oh wow! Well done everyone!

A massive WHOOOOHOOOO to everyone

......except me that is - Lea I'm not sure what's happened but I have not lost that much weight. Since NYE it is closer to a 3.5 to 4kg loss which is more like 4.8% to 5%. I should not be number one on that list - there would be others who have lost more than 5%. I will check the details I sent you tonight and re-send them.

A big congratulations to everyone! My motivation was lagging a little after launching myself off the wagon well and truly on the weekend at a wedding (I was very very bad ) and was having trouble getting back to healthy eating. Feeling much more motivated this morning - we CAN do this

woot - funny thing is that I don't feel any smaller, I haven't dropped a size *yet* but my current everyday pants for work are getting a big baggier.

At least it is a step in the right direction for IVF!

Ohhh no I will go and double check it after swimming lessons Kaz!

Oh WOW look at all those CM's lost!!! Well done ladies

I am feeling a bit BLAH today. Its been about 1 month since I started back at the gym and I am feeling a little under the weather - sore throat, headache and weakness. But this is normal for me after about a month of training. My dog isnt too happy that I didnt take her out for a run tho, but my shins are a bit tender today

Hi ladies (and gents if there are any), hope you don't mind if I join in. My name's Lisa, I'm 27 and curently weigh *swallows* 125kg. My eventual goal weight is 70kg, and I want to get there by the end of the year. My first goal is to fit into a pair of jeans I bought a little while ago which I can do up, but which leave me with a rather large muffin top and are not terribly flattering right now, even though they're great jeans.

My sister is a personal trainer and has set a program for me which involves 30 minutes of cardio every second day (walking, swimming, etc), and then a set of resistance training every other day, which includes lunges, squats, push ups, tricep extensions, rowing extensions, and the dreaded bridge. I've been doing that for about a fornight now (most days), and tried to mix some jogging into my cardio, but atm it's too stressful and painful on my knee joints with the impact and the weight.

I haven't weighed myself in a couple of weeks, and haven't done any centimetre measurements, but I will do this evening and post them up.

I've adjusted my eating quite a lot,cutting out a lot of the junk I was eating regularly, and enjoying how fresh and how much better my body feels with good food in it. It does help that we have no money right now to buy junk

Now off for a shower, all sweaty!

Lisa xx

Lisa, you have made the best decision......go for it. I will watch your progress with interest! The very best of luck and motivation to you!

yay us
    you go for it lisa welcome aboard

hi girls- i fell off the wagon and have been a bit mia! sorry!!
    i'm back now though, i went and had a personal training session today- fantastic! i felt like i was on The Biggest Loser! my trainer is going to do my weights/measurements in about 3 weeks so i will send them in then. hope everyone is doing well!

Wow - way to go yuo girls!! That's a fantastic effort.

Welcome Lisa, and well done on making the hardest decision.

Welcome Lisa

I just read the article link Lea put up and I'm seriously considering accessing the gym at work. Some of those strategies sounded good - I really NEED to see it as important and as a routine part of my day like eating breakfast or turning up to work. It can't be this week or early next due to workload issues that should be relieved by early next week but I might try late next week for a couple of days and see how it goes. I know my weight loss would be much quicker if I did more than the occasional walk and it would also be good stress management and I'd feel better. Thanks Lea!

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone

Well I weighed myself this evening, and found there's been no shift. But I'm not feeling disheartened, just gives me more motivation to keep going, and I know how much better my body has been feeling. It might just take a little longer for weight to start coming off.

Lea, as soon as I find my tape measure, (or DH finds it), I'll get those measurements and pm them to you! Should be tomorrow

I'm starting to feel enthusiastic about my exercise, even though it's so hard, and sweaty, but I feel great afterwards, and I know it'll do me so much good. I actually love seeing and feeling the sweat dripping because I know I've really worked.

I have to say I'm so impressed by some of the progress you girls have already made, well done to all of you! You're an absolute inspiration to me!

Now, off to find a weight loss ticker.

Lisa xx

I like your ticker Lisa. I actually posted to tell you that you're only a couple of hours away from me. That's rare these days.

Hi Kim, and thanks I liked the sunshininess of it, and the hula girl reminds me that Iw ant to be in a lovely bikini next summer

Whereabouts are you?

Lisa xx

In the middle of the grapes. Griffith.

Ah Griffith, not far at all. I was actually offered a job this year at Leeton, but it's just a bit too far too travel each day. I haven't been to Griffith in years and years,I really should make an effort sometime. but our 'local' news is predominantly Griffith news everyday on channel 9, lol

Lisa xx

Hi guys....

my exercise has been non existant this week... put 3 discs out in my back on the weekend... got my 3rd chiro appt at lunchtime today....

I have a feeling I have lost either no weight or maybe even gained... hopefully not gained...

Cant wait till my stupid back is better so I can start exercising again... grrrrr...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast