Thread: Why won't the weight come off?

Default Why won't the weight come off?

Bub no3 is now 4.5 months old and I've been trying to lose some weight. Was lucky that I went back to my pre-preg weight within a few weeks of birth however need to shake to extra I already had. I have been on the CSIRO diet for the past seven weeks, been exercising (pump, cycle and boxing classes at gym, rowing machine and also walking with kids in pusher). Limited alcohol and chocolate as per CSIRO guidelines. After trying really hard for five weeks I'd put on 2kg!

Very frustrating and demotivating. No longer BF. Is there something where it's harder to lose weight for the first while after a bub? Have considered diet shakes etc but really want something that helps me change my lifestyle (like CSIRO).

I believe the head weighs approx 10% of your body weight - maybe a bit of a drastic way to lose the weight???

More than likely the extra weight you've put on is muscle. How often are you doing each thing? If you're doing Pump more than twice a week with decent weights then you'll be toning and gaining muscle. How are your clothes fitting? Are there specific areas you want to lose weight or just generally tone?

i allways put on weight at the gym, like RachelM said its likely muscle. It is so depressing for me when that happens.

Also how long have you stopped bf for? Maybe your metabolism isn't back to normal after stopping.

You are doing well to be back at your pre preg weight GOOD ON YOU!!!!!!

The thing is though, I also said on a previous thread, DON'T WEIGH YOURSELF!!! If you aren't overweight then there is no need. Weight can fluctuate for so many reasons, it really isn't a very reliable way of keeping track of your weight loss. Buy a tape measure and measure yourself, see how your clothes fit you. My body shape and weight have changed so many times over the years. Don't think "I want to be this weight, and then i'll be happy". I'm probably 3 or 4 kg's over what I always thought was my ideal weight, but I know I am in the best shape of my life so it really is no indication.

And congrats on being at pre baby weight - 4.5 months - wow!

Like others have said, you've probably put on muscle, which weighs more than fat, and takes up less space than fat. So, you can weigh more, but your clothes can fit differently or your measurements can be different (eg thighs). I really want to congratulate you on trying to achieve a healthy weight the healthy way, with lifestyle changes rather than quick fixes - the lifestyle changes are easier to maintain and more fun than some of the crash diets etc. Perhaps try to avoid weighing yourself and use clothes as a measure, or some key measurements like thigh and hips?

Oh, and you probably need your head, I wouldn't be chopping that off!

I agree with the measurement test. Get your gym to measure your body and also see if they can do a body fat percentage test with the calipers or whatever they are called. I too am frustrated at losing weight, I've adopted a MUCH healthier lifestyle and am going to the gym but the weight doesn't seem to want to budge. I'm getting tested in a months time to see if my body fat and measurements have gone down, so I might just wait for that before I get upset! Clothing is a great way to determine if you've lost any weight.

jala Guest

do interval training - you lose weight, fat & calories much quicker this way