Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wii Fit gals??

I was going to get it when it came out but hesitated. Since looking in this thread though i think i will get it. Hopfully there is still some left!

OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DH is getting me one for my birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND I'm getting it early!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HUGE FAN here!! I got one the day after it was released (had Wii sports since March) and love it! Its fun (which is the most important thing!) and I seriously work up a sweat when doing the aerobic activities - particularly the hoola hooping and step! The hoola hooping is mad - I puff and carry on but its so good though I still can't beat my sis's score - damn it!!

The muscle ones are hard but I will get there. I love that you can do it while bubs is asleep and it's fun and competitive (against yoursefl or family!). Much better for me than gym! Totally worth the money!

Wow! I need to talk to DH about getting one! Sounds great and like you really get a workout... I wondered how "hard" you could actually work out while standing on the pad thing! A question about jogging?? How does that work?? On the tv the girl looks like she is running on the moon so doesn't look like you would be able to sustain that kind of running for very long????? Enjoy your day ladies!

Tan,

Some of the exercises you do 'off' the step - with the jogging, you do it on the spot on the floor!

It definately is worth the buy - I'm not a gym person myself (its expensive, and I can't deal with the ego issue of the people that frequent most of the gyms I've been to... not saying they're ALL like that, but the ones around here are )... and the other night I was doing the Wii Fit at 10pm at night.. because thats when I had time... it was easy, and who wants to go out to the gym at 10pm at night???!!! (Not that its an option with the 10yr old sleeping peacefully in the other room anyway )

I am just LOVING it!!

We have been trying to get MarioKart all week for Luke, but EVERYWHERE is sold out atm .. they're saying the Nintendo factory can't keep up with the orders!!!
    Hopefully by the weekend we'll have a copy

Forgot to mention that it definately works... after doing an hour between the hoola hoops and the 'step up' my legs are a little sore!!!

Oh cool! That makes sense! I was picturing trying to run on the pad I will definately be chatting to DH about it tonight! It is our 5yr wedding anniversary in July so we might have to buy it for each other

Hello ladies!!!

Just wanted to let you know that I started a Wii Fit social group - feel free to join!!!!

Thought it would be great to discuss the different exercises, fav ones, tips, high scores etc to keep each other motivated

Hope to see you guys over there for a chat

mum3girls Guest

DH asked me what I want for our 6th wedding anniversary next month - guess what I said! Can't wait - I've been finding it hard to get motivated to go walking early in the morning like I usually do (way too cold right now), so hopefully this should get my exercise levels up again

Thinking about asking for one of these for my birthday but a couple of questions if I may. I still have a dodgy back/pelvis so jogging is out as is any exercise where I'm balancing on one leg which rules out yoga and a lot of the muscle strengthening stuff. Boxing would be great but I think someone said you can only do that if you've kind of 'passed' some of the other routines. So, my question is, will there be much choice of exercise for me?

Arrow

I saw it set up at Myer and had a go on it! It is really cool, I got a Wii age of 57.
    But OH well! Really liked the bubble and the hulla hoops one. I hope I am getting it for my birthday soon as DH is going to LA for bussiness and is getting over there. Much Cheaper!

BBB - When you have that little one out of your belly, your Wii fit age will come down A LOT

Its great fun!!

Be sure to come over & join the social group when you get it!!!

Hi Everyone,
    My husband bought the Wii Sport and Fit for me as a surprise, although initially I thought it was really just for him. But I love it! Even though it tells me I'm obese! (I am 33 weeks pregnant!) It should have a pregnancy option!
    I am addicted to Step and love all the balance exercises. I have complete hysterics whenever anyone does the soccor headbutting one. It's just too funny!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

How much did you all pay for your Wii Fit? Looking at getting one but not sure what the mark is....
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

OMG I just found this PMSL

Wii Fit women 'destroying their homes'
    by staff writers June 16, 2008 05:56pm

WOMEN working out on Nintendo Wii Fit are helping to cause millions of dollars worth of damage to their homes.

In Britain alone, it has been reported that bungling fitness fiends have contributed to a $A41.5 million living room repair bill.

Flower pots, television sets and even pets have been sent flying by the high kicks and hula hoop motions of increasingly vigorous home exercise routines, Britain's Telegraph newspaper reports.

Almost 20 per cent of women polled admitted having accidents after getting carried away in the living room with fitness routines such as those on the Nintendo Wii Fit.

Many of the 1000 women polled for women-only insurer Sheila's Wheels admitted they had caused an average of $13.60 worth of damage to their homes in the last year with over-enthusiastic work-outs. That figure equates to a national yearly bill of $41.5 million - based on the Government's estimate of the UK's female population.

The bizarre research was revealed as US researchers told how fitness-oriented video games have "great potential" for core strengthening and rehabilitation of injured athletes.

"We are looking to incorporate Wii Fit into the athletic training room as far as rehabilitation, for example, on post-operative knees and ankles," Sue Stanley-Green, a professor of athletic training at Florida Southern College in Lakeland, said.

Fitness video games that have the user perform lower-body balance and weight-shifting activities could help patients with weight-bearing rehabilitation after an injury or surgery.

Fitness video games that focus on upper body movement patterns could be helpful in the rehab centre as well. Tennis video games, for example, can be used to safely exercise the rotator cuff after injury or repair.

"Fitness-oriented video games are also being used more and more in nursing homes for rehabilitation," Ms Stanley-Green said, providing a fun way to help elderly people expand their range of motion.

One of the most difficult aspects of rehabilitation is getting patients to perform tedious, repetitive exercises.

The entertainment value inherent in video games may help boost compliance with rehabilitation and perhaps improve outcomes.

"My daughter is 12 and she has a friend who is very inactive and overweight and has some body control issues and the Wii Fit has really been a good thing for her," Ms Stanley-Green said.

"This is a child who would rather eat than anything and it's the first time I have ever seen her say, 'I'm not coming to dinner, I'm playing the Wii'.

"And anyone can play these games," according to Stanley-Green.

"I am illiterate as far as video games but these are games that anyone can have success with. My daughter absolutely hates the fact that I am better at this one balance game than she is," she said.
    Links

Website listing Wii-related damage - Wii Have A Problem...
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Ooooo I so want one!!!!

Kelly I was at Target today and asked how much it would be for the Wii and Wii Fit and the sales lady said she didn't know off the top of her head but the both together are under $600 the Wii being about $350 and the Fit being about $250ish. That was low enough for me to file in the back of my head to tell DP about it tonight but I forgot, you have given me the reminder!!!

I think they have come down heaps in price too

I just did a google search and it says the Wii Fit is $119 at Kmart

If you can prove it try to get one of the stores to price match. EB Games did not have any in stock, but were offering a good price, so we went to Kmart. They did us a good deal as we were also buying the whole set-up. So if Kmart is out of stock then check out EB.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast