Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: BellyBelly Flyers - Flylady Chat #2

I received my first emails yesterday. I have read them and started half heartedly to do some of it! I set out my clothes for today, though I am still not dressed! I will shine my sink today once I get rid of the excess dishes which didn't fit into the dishwasher! I planned a little bit for the coming week. Some of the dinners I will make, most of a grocery shopping list for tomorrow. That's about it really. But it feels good to be slightly more organised. Hopefully as I get mroe into it, things will get easier to plan.

I should really get back into flying!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I am doing pretty poorly with flying right now, though I am enjoying reading my emails. Unfortunately I have been lazy in following my tasks which totally defeats the purpose.

I am just about to shine my sink! Lol - took me a couple of days to work up the motivation but I'm starting now. Luckily I am already in the habit of getting dressed once I'm up (during the week at least) so hopefully that doesn't take much more effort.

I've been tidying up today getting ready for visitors this afternoon - I am wanting to focus more on the organising what's behind closed doors really - otherwise I don't mind keeping the place mostly tidy lately. That might be my nesting hormones though

**Sent from my phone using Tapatalk.

Our cleaner has sadly had to quit for medical reasons. We've decided to save money by cleaning our house ourselves. This will mostly be me, as I am home the most. I signed up to Flylady today in the hope to develop workable routines. Normally when I clean the house, it takes me hours and hours, as I am always seeing something else to do. Then I get disheartened, let it slide until it's overwhelming and then do a big clean again.

Also, I hope to get some good tips. I haven't cleaned a shower in years, so need to work out the best way to do that (chemical free).

ETA - I shined my sink. It took ages because I kept getting distracted, but it is done
    Last edited by LionsandBears; January 29th, 2013 at 08:34 PM.

Yay for a shiny sink!

Quote Originally Posted by LionsandBears View Post
    Also, I hope to get some good tips. I haven't cleaned a shower in years, so need to work out the best way to do that (chemical free).
    I bought a product from bunnings that I had to apply to the inside of the shower screen. It was a long job - took over two and a half hours start to finish. Now all I do is wipe the inside of the shower with a microfibre cloth. If I leave it for too long then I use a dab of dishwash liquid on the microfibre cloth. I never scrub, never work up a sweat, no chemicals, and much quicker. I have saved well over the initial 2.5 hours work, and the cost of the product. And there are professionals who will come and apply the product for you. They probably do a better job and it might last longer?

Thanks Lenny. It's not the glass that worries me, it's the grouting. I just used orange spray today.

Today is our normal cleaning day, so I tried to do as much as I could without overdoing it. Today's zone on FlyLady was a detailed clean of the living room, so I moved furniture and dusted blinds and skirting boards. I had to stop myself going into other rooms to dust blinds and skirting boards too, though I did do a general dust of furniture. Then i vac'd the walking areas throughout the house and cleaned the bathrooms and toilets. The kitchen is ok. I'm not doing a major clean there today, just the normal surfaces, though I keep seeing things I want to do.

I need to read up more. I was worried each room would only be cleaned once a month, which wouldnt work for me, but that doesnt seem to be the case.

Tomorrow, I am clearing cobwebs from the front entrance.

Anyone else want to Fly with me?

Today DH mentioned how clean the house is. I think it's the clear sink, because it's not like the place was a pigsty before. Not having dishes sitting in the dish strainer makes a huge difference.

Default BellyBelly Flyers - Flylady Chat #2

I need to desperately. I need new daily routines. The past month has been crazy. I need to get back on the ball.

I really need to start again too but I would need to log off FB & BB for that. The house is just overwhelming. I'd rather live in denial in cyberland lol.

I have been considering banning myself from BB and maybe asking DH to change my password on FB for a while. I just can't bring myself to do it.

It is nice to have a clean house though. Hmmm.

I think that in a few months I'll get back into this - once we have DD2 home and we've adapted to all the changes.

Please excuse my ignorance.......but what is flylady?

Google to flylady and check it out. It is basically a routine for cleaning/decluttering with motivational emails & stories, how to get started when you feel overwhelmed. Lots of tips and helpful info. Love it. I especially love her "you can do anything for 15 minutes" and "you don't have to do it perfectly, just do it" and "let go of your perfectionism" type statements.

Thanks Sounds awesome im deff going to have a look.

Yes, I need to get back on the wagon. Time to stop ignoring the emails I think

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678