Thread: Surface Cleaning Soft Toys What To Use

Question Surface Cleaning Soft Toys What To Use

DD has a favourite soft toy that she cuddles and drools on all day and it smells!!! I don't want to wash it in the machine as it is over 30 years old and I am afraid it will fall apart. Does anyone have any ideas on what to use to just surface clean it? It can get wet, I just don't want to be rough with it.

TIA

could you put it in a pillowcase (tie the open up) and put in on a delicate or gentle cycle? Or could you handwash it in a bucket? Since she'll put it in her mouth you probably don't want to use anything as a surface cleaner on it...unless you cleaned it gently then rinsed it well in a bucket of water?

Maybe a warm bath with whatever you use to wash her with!? I think the pillowcase and delicates cycle is a good idea too though. DS has a teddy that we have replaced once now because he sucks and chews on it's nose all the time, it's like a dog because it is wet all the time and smells so we have to wash him in the machine. Not 30 years old though! Good luck!

Thanks for that. It was her dad's when he was her age so a bit of a family piece. I might try it tomorrow.

I would use just a drop or two of Sunlight liquid and warm water and a flannel.

Good luck!

I would use just a drop or two of Sunlight liquid and warm water and a flannel.

Good luck!

just a damp cloth and some sunlight should help a bit. Good luck!