Thread: Donor Embryos

Default Donor Embryos

Hi Girls,

I have gone thru 5 IVF cycles, I am nearly 42 and DH nearly 49, we have tried our own eggs & sperm 3 times, with one pregnancy that only lasted 10wks, then tried younger donor eggs and DH sperm twice which resulted in a one week pregnancy. As DH had vascectomy 15yrs ago sperm is not so good and my eggs are old. We are now looking into donor embryos, I believe this to be not such a long waiting list. Has anyone out there had donor embyros?? Does anyone know a clinic with a large amount of embryos awaiting?? We look at this process as adoption but much closer as we carry the baby and have the baby from day dot - would like to hear any input. The only other option we thought of was trying my eggs again with donor sperm of good quality - but it scares me that at my age they have put 50% chance of miscarriage:eek: Don't know it I can emotionally handle another loss - you start to feel like a failure as a woman when you cannot do the most basic of human functions like have a baby.

Lissie

KNow how you feel about feeling a failure Lis. But we have to know that we're not. But its hard, thats for sure - especially when there are so many just sneezing and falling pg.

As for donor embryos I have had no experience in this but know had we had any success we would have donated any 'extra' embryos that we had. So Im sure there are clinics out there with ones available. My bet would be checking with each of them a) whether they have any now? and b) if they dont what sort of wait can you expect?

Oh lissie

Im sorry your not having much luck. Im not sure about what your after but im sure there are alot of embryo's.

DH and I are going again next year and will have left overs if we are blessed to have more kids.

Im sure there are ladies out there that have had lots of eggs and fallen straight away and want to donate them.

Good luck hun and all the best

Hi Keen & Missy,
    Thanks for your replys. I just wanted to know if anyone out there had done the donor embryo thing and if they had any luck, its funny that overseas this procedure is used all the time eg United States and UK but seems here in Australia we are way behind the eighth ball. We have decided to start visiting clinics that have this facility and putting ourselves on the waiting lists and we thought we might give a go to my old eggies and donor sperm - who knows it might just work, I'm just not ready to say that I will never be a mummy. Like all of us I guess :- never say never!!!
    Lissy

Thats right lissy never say never!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!