Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Donor Sperm

Thanks Gargy.

I am just starting to research and my head is spinning with all of the options, Who knew there were some many ways. My Aunty tried a few times with an unknown Donor, But nothing happened. She has lots of advise about what not to do, what I should do, but that has just me more
    I have been taking my temp eveyday to see if I am ovulating, as all of my cousins have had trouble with their ovuations. But all seems fine at the moment. So fingers crossed that I am.

Thanks again Gargy.

Hi Gem78,

Feel free to join the donor sperm general chatter.

Also, you might want to try the AC thread to see if you can get some answers about Queensland clinics.

Thanks again, Just one more question

The AC thread? were would I find that?

Hi Gem,

Try:

BellyBelly Forums ~ Pregnancy, Birth & Baby > Conception > Conception General Discussion> Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception

Hopefully someone will be able to help you out there...

at the canberra fertility clinic there is apparently no long waiting lists for donor sperm, however you HAVE to go through IVF. the cost of freezing sperm is $750 per six months and I think out of pocket expenses are around the $2700 (plus cost of sperm, which is about another $1800). The costs are all listed on their website, so to is some great information about the whole IVF process and the donor sperm route.

Most of these expenses are able to be claimed back through the medicare ruling (above your normal medicare rebate).. I think this returns 80% of the expenses above a certain amount (something like $1200).. You have to register for this at the medicare office (or maybe on their website), worth looking into.

rbp13 Guest

Default importing donor sperm

hello,
    I'm a newbie here, so Hello to all!
    Just wondering if anyone has any experience in importing donor sperm from North America. I have a son from donor sperm, my husband is azospermic, and we want to start trying for a second. My son was conceived in North America but am now in Sydney. The donor is not registered and is therefore anonymous...
    Met with IVF clinic but no word yet whether we can import - thought i'd see if anyone out there's had similar experience?

I know Tarkine has - come and join us in the general chatter thread and ask her there.

http://Donor Conception General Chatter #4

Ok Sushee - how do I do the link???
    Last edited by Caramello; February 7th, 2008 at 10:13 AM. Reason: adding link

Not sure if i'm the one to be answering the question of importing sperm. I think clinics can do it, but they will charge you quite a bit.

We chose a sperm donor from the list that the clinic gave us - not much of a choice. If you do go through a clinic, the donor will have to be willing to be identified/contacted once the child turns 18. According to the expert at the IVF clinic we went to, this legal requirement has restricted the importation of sperm from countries who do not have this legislation (ie Denmark). If the original donor does not agree to being contacted by the child once they turn 18, then the clinic cannot import the sperm (or that is my take on the situation).

Hope this had shed some light

IVF-baby Guest

Default Im a single woman wanting a baby from a donor sperm

Hi I am actaully new to this...

I would like to say that I adore babies and children and I havent been lucky finding a decent man to have children with. I am 27 and I feel its time for me to have children. i want to do an IVF with a sperm door in Melbourne but they tell me I have to medically infertile which I dont know if Im infertile or not because I never tried plus it makes it difficult for me because I am still a virgin and I dont know if IVF will work for me. All I know is there will be a law this year for single women to have children but I dont know when this will happen? and I dont know if I could conceive through IVF being a virgin? I know this is so embarrassing...
    Last edited by IVF-baby; March 13th, 2008 at 12:09 PM. Reason: spelling mistakes

IVF-baby Guest

Default hi minniemouse

I know how you feel..

No one can understand how you feel unless someone has experience it...

did you have any sucessful pregnancy?

Looking forward to your reply

Quote Originally Posted by tarkine View Post
    Not sure if i'm the one to be answering the question of importing sperm. I think clinics can do it, but they will charge you quite a bit.

We chose a sperm donor from the list that the clinic gave us - not much of a choice. If you do go through a clinic, the donor will have to be willing to be identified/contacted once the child turns 18. According to the expert at the IVF clinic we went to, this legal requirement has restricted the importation of sperm from countries who do not have this legislation (ie Denmark). If the original donor does not agree to being contacted by the child once they turn 18, then the clinic cannot import the sperm (or that is my take on the situation).

Hope this had shed some light
    Quote Originally Posted by minniemouse View Post
    a fortune...
    firstly I am doing IVF which is the most expensive. I am doing ICSI. This is when they individually pick one sperm and physically inject this into the egg, instead of putting some sperm in a dish with an egg and letting them go for it. I am doing this because of my age, as you get older, the eggs get harder making it more difficult for the sperm to enter on its own.
    I pay around $4000 for a full cylce and get quite a bit back from medicare. Financially, its hard going but where there's a will there's a way...

Hi I am actaully new to this...

I would like to say that I adore babies and children and I havent been lucky finding a decent man to have children with. I am 27 and I feel its time for me to have children. i want to do an IVF with a sperm door in Melbourne but they tell me I have to medically infertile which I dont know if Im infertile or not because I never tried plus it makes it difficult for me because I am still a virgin and I dont know if IVF will work for me. All I know is there will be a law this year for single women to have children but I dont know when this will happen? and I dont know if I could conceive through IVF being a virgin? I know this is so embarrassing...
    Hi latina_melb,

It doesn't matter if you a virgin, the only thing that matters is that you want to have a baby. Go and see your doctor about a referal to an IVF clinic and all you should need (at first) is IUI not IVF with a sperm donor. You doctor might want to do some test to see if you do have any fertile problems. Just because you are a virgin does not mean that you are infertile.

I am currently going through the steps to do the same thing. I am currently waiting for an appointment with the IVF specialest. I have just had my MMS needle today and now have to wait 3 months before trying to get pregnant. I am about to turn 30 in a few months and feel it's time to stop waiting for my Mr Right and Just do what's right for me right now!

baby bump Guest

Default right place at the right time

I'm so glad I found this site and this amazing thread!

As you can gather I'm a newbie but it's just so wonderful to see that I'm not alone.

I'm 35, single and dearly want children. After being engaged to what I thought was 'mr right' and consequently leaving him 3.5 years later, I now find myself 4 years later terrified that it's just never going to happen.

I will be trawling through many of the threads on this site but just wanted to say Hi and introduce myself.

Thanks already for the amazing info I've already received.

IVF-baby Guest

Default hi gemm

i jUST WOULD LIKE TO THANK YOU VERY MUCH TO UNDERSTAND ME AND GIVING THE INFORMATION THAT I REALLY NEEDED. I DO WISH YOU WELL EVEN IF I DONT KNOW YOU FOR YOUR DREAMS TO COME TRUE IN YOUR WOMB. I KNOW ITS NOT EASY TO FIND A GOOD MAN AND I AGRRE WITH YOU 100% YOU DONT HAVE TO WAIT FOR THAT MAN JUST BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT COMMITTED OR DONT WANT KIDS YOU DESERVE THE BEST AND I DO HOPE YOUR YOUR DREAM WILL COME TRUE WITHIN 3 MONTHS. wAS IT COSTLY TO DO?

DO YOU MIND IF WE EXCHANGE EMAILS?

KINDS REGARDS

It doesn't matter if you a virgin, the only thing that matters is that you want to have a baby. Go and see your doctor about a referal to an IVF clinic and all you should need (at first) is IUI not IVF with a sperm donor. You doctor might want to do some test to see if you do have any fertile problems. Just because you are a virgin does not mean that you are infertile.

I am currently going through the steps to do the same thing. I am currently waiting for an appointment with the IVF specialest. I have just had my MMS needle today and now have to wait 3 months before trying to get pregnant. I am about to turn 30 in a few months and feel it's time to stop waiting for my Mr Right and Just do what's right for me right now! [/QUOTE]

IVF-baby Guest

Default dont give up baby bump

Hi baby bump,

dont give up! dont wait for a man to decide to give you kids or not just do IVF I know exactly how you must be feeling its not easy and it gets you really depressed.

Do you mind if we exchange emails like msn? I aslo asked Gemm for it aswell its just more for emotional support and hopefully be friends

Kind Regards

Hi Latina,

Sadly no I have not had a successful pregnancy. I got pregnant with twins last January but sadly lost them in April.

Goodluck Latina, Gem and Babybump...I hope your dreams come true..

IVF-baby Guest

Default hi minniemouse

Im so sorry about that... will you continue with the donor treatment?

Hi Baby Bump it's nice to meet you

My dream has always been to be a Mum. When asked what I wanted to do when I grew up it was always to be a Mum and that has never changed.

I am sure like many of us here your clock is ticking loudly. So to all of you out there that are trying at the moment and to all the ones wanting to start trying.

latina_melb I would love to exchange emails with you.
    Last edited by Caramello; April 16th, 2009 at 06:06 PM. Reason: Showing email

yes Latina...am not giving up!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast