Thread: Do you think I was unreasonable in my feedback?

Default Do you think I was unreasonable in my feedback?

Ok, need some opinions cos my hormones are all over the place and I get awfully cranky over the slightest thing!!

On the 5th June I won an item on ebay, and I paid immediately with Paypal.

I was patiently waiting (although it was for a nappy!!) for it to turn up, and I hadn't received any feedback or anything from the Seller. So on the 12th June I sent an email to them asking if they had received my payment ok, as I hadn't received the item (it was coming from Melbourne - so I would allow 4 days postage time). There was no response to my email, but when I went into my ebay account they had left positive feedback saying I was a good buyer, immediate payment blah blah blah...

So I waited until the 17th June and then wrote another email, thanking them for the positive feedback, but saying I still hadn't received the parcel, and asking if there was a problem, and if there was, I could try to chase up Aussie post this end. No response to that one either. That was in the morning, so in the early evening I got onto ebay and they sent me the Seller's details, and the Seller was notified with mine.

So then on the 19th June finally got an email from the Seller saying that they put the wrong address on the parcel and that they would send it tomorrow. So I ended up getting it on the 23rd June.

So I went to leave feedback yesterday morning, and I left neutral feedback. I said in the comments that the item arrived as described. I didn't rate them very high on communication or postage time. So then, I get this message from the Seller:-

Hi, was there a reason for the neutral feedback? If you were not happy with the item, you could have contacted me, I explained about the delay in delivery. Please let me know what the problem was

And I replied with:-
    "I sent two emails before any response from you, and it took an ebay email detailing our phone numbers before you contacted me to let me know what was going on. The item is fine, which is why I said that it arrived as described. I know you contacted me about the wrong address being put on there, which is why i left neutral feedback, I could have left negative feedback but chose not to."

Then I got this one straight back from them:-
    Hi, I did not get any messages from you via ebay, I only realised you had been trying to contact me when I checked my emails, which i only do every few days. For some reason the messgages you sent went straight into outlook. This was the same day that the parcel was returned. I really wish that people would try to resolve problems before leaving neutral feedback. Thanks

So I haven't responded to that one. Surely its not bad to get neutral feedback?!?!!? I mean, do you think I was unreasonable for giving them that feedback? I thought I was quite nice!!!!

You're right, that was good feedback considering the 2 emails that were ignored. I'd just leave it as is. Don't bother replying to their last email. They'll get over it.

As far as I am concerned you did try to resolve the problem by sending the emails. Anyone who is buying or selling on ebay should really be checking their emails on a daily basis and in all programs that they might download into. Every few days is not good enough and I think the seller deserved to be told that the communication was not good enough.

i think it was very reasonable. I have no patience for BS excuses from ebay sellers.

I mean, CHECK YOUR DAMN EMAILS!

Yeah thats I thought was funny too.. why wouldn't you check your emails?!!?!? I check mine every day and I'm not selling anything!!

Thanks guys, nice to know its not just me flying off the handle..

I agree with the other posts. Her responsibility to check....

Enchanted Guest

I agree... good feedback. I don't see why she wouldn't be checking her emails every second day if she is on ebay every day Doesn't make sense!!

Nope I think you have done the right thing. You have said what happened and not an "embellished version of the truth" to make the seller happy.
    She should check her outlook properly as she did get your emails!

I agree with you, but on the flip side....one time I was selling something on ebay. In the meantime we had a medical emergency at home, and to top it off, my PC crashed and it was a few days before I could check my emails. The item had sold during this time and the buyer couldnt contact me and was very annoyed. So while some sellers dont have good communication, other times it could just be circumstantial, like what happened to me. I was lucky though, the buyer left positive feedback once i finally managed to get back to him and explain what had happened. And its true, often buyer questions get sent straight to email and are not on 'my messages' in Ebay, so even if you checked ebay on a different computer you wont be able to see certain messages.

HTH.

Lisa - I see your point. However, they didn't offer any explanation other than they had written the wrong address on the package. If they had had circumstances like you, then I would not have left bad feedback. I'm pretty easygoing and understanding, but it was the lack of communication plus the fact that they wrote the wrong po box on the parcel that crapped me off.

I don't think you were unreasonable at all.. you had tried to resolve the issue before leaving feedback..

I think you were prefectly reasonable. I really think that there is feedback on Ebay for a reason and if everyone just gives positive all the time even when there isn't a positive experience then it is a worthless process.

I wouldn't have been nearly so nice - specially seeings as it was fluffymail!

Dont get me wrong, I think you were totally justififed, I was just giving another view point to show that not all ebay sellers are naughty! They should have contacted you in between as there was plenty of time to do so. Oh well, just steer clear of that seller next time!

Yes perfectly justified. However, I only send and receive messages now through My Ebay because emails do go astray when just doing send and receive through outlook etc. I have just pressed reply through outlook to an ebay member and they have never received the emails but when you go through eBay they always get there on both sides (seller and buyer). I know some big eBay shops only use the eBay inbox because of SPAM and Fraudelent emails etc that flood into there email accounts.

But they did write the wrong address to start with so you had no control over that.

Don't feel bad about the neutral feedback. I think I probably would of left neutral as well.

Thanks guys. I didn't know that if you send email through outlook (like the email that you get from ebay saying you won the item and has a contact seller button there) that it only gets delivered to their inbox, not their ebay account.

I'll make sure that I send it via ebay next time

Thanks!

Mel- You did the right thing, dont bother replying back.

don't let them bully you into leaving good feedback.
    your feedback was accurate and hopefully they'll learn from it.