Thread: Paying for ebay items through bank transfer?

Default Paying for ebay items through bank transfer?

Hi there,

I've bought an item on ebay, and I paid for it on friday 7th december. I used internet banking to transfer the money from my CBA account to the other persons CBA account, but they say it hasnt shown up in their account yet.
    Can anyone tell me how long it normally takes? I thought it was only meant to take a day, or two days at most since its the same bank.

Any one know? I'm getting impatient, lol. I am going to call the bank on monday I think.

thanks

Yeah it should definitely be there by now... I'd say 3 days maximum, but being the same bank it should really only take 24 hours.
    Goodluck, hope it all sorts out!

Hi Karina. I own an ebay store and if the transfer is happening between the same banks as in your case, yep 24 hours should do it. I'd contact the seller and confirm their bank account details and if correct, contact CBA and find out what is happening.

If you use net banking, check your statement to make sure it hasn't bounced back into your account. I transferred some money to someone a month ago & I accidentally had two numbers round the wrong way & didn't realise for a few days.

Definitely check your statement, Karina. If it had've bounced back to you you should see it by now. Hope you get your goodies soon!

Thanks Ladies. It has gone out of my account and hasnt come back to me, and I confirmed the bank details I sent it to were right. I'm going to ask the bank on monday. I think the seller is just being lazy or dodgy or something.

A commonwealth account to commonwealth account can sometimes go straight through. Double check with your seller and if the account details are right like you think they are...report them to ebay matie. the seller wont like getting a strike next to their name. Some people are dodgy on ebay..its sad that there are people like that.
    let us know how you go