Thread: Paypal question

Default Paypal question

Hi girls.

Just wondering if anyone has any experience setting up Paypal Buy It Now buttons on their webpage? I just can't get the code to work properly after I have created the buttons, and am not getting anywhere with "Help".

I think these buttons will work better in my site than a shopping cart type set-up, but hey I could be wrong. Maybe I need to look at setting up a shopping cart or on-line store type arrangement instead.

I really should stop doing this stuff after 9pm, my brain turns to mush!

Thanks!

Hi Summerluven, I only just noticed your post. Have you had any luck with the buttons since you wrote the above? I used to use PayPal buttons with my website, but I have since changed over to having an online store with shopping cart.

Not sure if I can help you because I'm a bit rusty now, but what happens when you put the code in your site? I just went into PayPal to have a look, but there seems to be a problem with the site atm.

Hopefully you've got it sorted anyway!

Hey Trish. I completely forgot to reply to this, and I was so excited that someone had answered! Haha.

I haven't tried to do it for a little while, but basically when you copy the code that is created when you hit the "create button now" option, you are supposed to paste the code in to your html page and a button magically appears, but all that is magically appearing is the code exactly as it was copied.

That probably makes no sense at all. I will give it another go tomorrow just in case something has changed, but I was trying it for a number of weeks with no luck, so I am not expecting miracles here.

If any of this jogs your memory and you know where I am going wrong then that is great. If not, its no biggie, I will figure something else out.

What online store are you using, if you don't mind me asking? I think I may be in the market for one soon!

Thanks for your help.

Hi again! This is probably a dumb question, but when you paste the code in amongst your other code are you then testing your web page out in a browser? You should be able to see your button in the browser and I'm sure you've already done this, but I thought I'd check anyway! Otherwise, try launching the page live and see if it works that way.

Another thing, make sure you are copying everything - the code will start with <form> and end with </form> if any brackets are missing the code won't work. I'm probably stating the obvious here!

My online store is through OsCommerce, it is free and works really well!

If you have any other questions, please ask. I don't know if I can be of much help, but I'll try!

Hi Trish.

Yeah, I have tested it and put it up live but had to pull the page straight away because it was full of code

And am pretty sure that all the code is in there. There is a lot of it!

I think I might just check out Oscommerce shortly. Thanks for the tip! And thanks for trying to help me!!

D'oh, I wonder why it doesn't work? I asked my DH and he said the same thing, that maybe all the code hasn't been copied, but it sounds like you have checked that already.

You could try email PayPal's customer service dept. otherwise?

Best of luck anyway, I hope you get it all sorted soon!