Thread: Anyone have PCOS and Endo.

mickeycar Guest

Default Anyone have PCOS and Endo.

I have both and Im just wondering if this is common?

Hi Mickeycar

I too have both PCOS and Endo. I was only recently diagnosed with PCOS and had no idea that I also had endo until I recently had a laparoscopy for a suspected ectopic pregnancy (thankfully it wasn't). After the operation my doctor told me that my tubes were clear however I had widespread endo throughout the pouch - still not too sure what this means but I'm going back to my FS next week. When she told me she seemed very surprised that I had both so I'm not too sure how common it is and at this stage I'm not too sure what to do about it. FS said it would need to be treated down the track and the reason it wasn't treated during my recent lap was because it had not been discussed with my prior and I had not given consent and also I was pregnant at the time.

I'm not too sure if I have given you much to go on but hopefully I will know more about this myself soon enough and I will let you know what my FS says.

Are you on any treatment for either? I recently conceived on Clomid but have not had any other treatments for either.

Good luck with it. Hopefully some other girls will share their stories and give us some more info on this topic.

Fi

mickeycar Guest

Smile Thank you!

Umm, well my current "treatment" is a birth control pill that is spossed to "shrink" the endo tissue. I am married but about to finish school so Im fine with the pill for now. I know, TMI, but I have Endo tissue in my "rear plumbing" so that makes life "fun." Thanks for letting me know Im not alone. If I may ask what is your LH/FSH ratio, I think normal is 1:1 and mine is 1:4.

Thanks!

Hi mickeycar

sometimes just knowing that you are not alone can be very helpful.

I'm not too sure what my ratio is, my dr didn't actually tell me that she just said that they were elevated.

I dont know much about the pill shrinking endo but then again I only just found out I have it and dont know much about it but hopefully it is shrinking it for you and giving you some relief! I know they often remove it from the affected areas if it is really bad - has your dr talked to you about any surgical options?

Fi

Hi there-
    I had both- had a D&C for endo in 2000 and was formally diagnosed with PCOS in 2002- but it was suspected a lot earlier!
    I had endo covering my right ovary- and alot of other places- cant really rember now- I was 18 at the time so everthing floated in one ear and out the other. I had a D&C followed by the pill and dexmethasone. Havent had it back since though that I know of.!

Post I have PCOS and Endo

I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 16 and Endo when I was 22.

I am ne Diane for my PCOS and have had my Endo removed with surgery but am left with all the same pain etc but now from my nerve endings where my endo was removed so its like it was never removed in the first place!

I have been on two different dosages of amytriptaline or however you spell it and two different dosages of tegretol all with no improvement.

I think my next step is zoladex and that terrifies me from what I have read! Anyone with any advice?????