Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Close to diagnosis

Default Close to diagnosis

Well it looks like I might finally be diagnosed with endo, ended back at the docs today coz the pain I've been having has localised to the right side above my abdomen. As I also have a kidney stone I thought it was just that but turns out no, when my doc applied pressure to my appendix I hit the roof!!! First time I've felt real pain like that in all my visit and a simple tapping on my skin caused a dull pain.

She was thinking appendicitis but I have no other symptoms of it but I'm off for blood tests tomorrow morning to rule it out but as the pain is constant now I may be off over the weekend to see a surgeon and let him/her make the call. I guess he'll either take my appendix out or give me a laperoscopy. She gave me a copy of all my notes, 3 5 pages of them!!! At least I know what they've been typing on their computers all this time.

I'll never forgive myself if this lessens my chances of conceiving or carrying children.

Amine, I'm glad to hear from you again... It is good to know that the doctors are getting closer to knowing what the problem is, but even if it does have some future effect on your fertility, I doubt that anything you could have done would have caused it directly.

BW

Well it's not appendicitis, had the blood test today which ruled it out. Apparently the local surgeon is back from holidays so if it gets worse I might be able to see him here rather than travelling an hour to the next hospital, maybe they can just rip everything else out while they're there
    :-) seems like a reasonable request hehe.

Went to the gym but only lasted half an hour before the pains started stabbing. Bought the Veronica's cd today, my god it's the story of my life!!! Must be going through a bit of a phase coz I watched a Hillary Duff movie last night too hehe!!! Had a close friend visit today, she said my ex is still a grumpy ass so it's kinda nice knowing ending things with me didnt make him any happier...as nasty as that sounds. Starting to focus on other things now, I went on the IKEA website and picked out all my furniture for when I get my house!!!

Thanks for your comment BW

Em Please don't beat yourself up over the fact that the endo, if you have it could lessen your chances of having a child. There are many ways around fertility issues today and there are also many girls on the forum who have had no trouble concieving at all with endo.. I was diagnosed after a failed IVF cycle, with level 4/5 endo, however although i am 30 years of age, they diagnosed it and are in the process of treating it in time leaving at least a good 8 years to try for a baby.. don't stress to much about it Em you are still young...

take care and i hope it all gets sorted soon..

love and hugs

leis xx

So here's my situation now, I have this constant pain on the right side of my abdomen that just seems to be intensifying and my gyno appt isn't until the 18th May.

I realised today that the pain may have been getting worse because I'm a few days away from menstruating and I always get cramps but this time it's OMG painful!!! And even with taking pain killers I can still feel the pain in my side.

The local surgeon is on holidays for another week and I'm seriously not going to put up with this for another week so I have decided to go to another hospital tomorrow and put on a bit of a show so someone will do something!!! I dont want to go there and have them give me pain killers and tell me to go home, I want to be cut open and have everything taken out! I heard that doctors dont like doing surgery if you have the flu, has anyone else heard this? Do I have the right to feel this way and be fixed? I just cant deal with this pain and uncomfort anymore, I dont understand what else there is to do or rule out.

Hi Em, Yes they won't do any procedure involving a general anaesthetic if you have the flu. This is because it will put to much pressure on your respiratory system, with your body slowing down from the anaesthetic... so no honey they probably won't cut you open.... (is it a really bad flu?) I know what you mean about wanting them to 'pull it out' i have said that to my surgeon numerous times, and he just laughs at me and says it still won't cure the disease...but many times i have woken at 2 am in the morning feeling like i am in labour or have 'hot coals' stuck in my lower back and wishing i could die or pull it all out.... i think bugger having kids if i need to put up with this ***** every month.. Go to another hospital but i don't think they will do anything different. Are you in a private health fund? It might be worth while thinking about joining if you arn't especially if you have endo... take care love leis xx

Well I went up to my local hospital last night to see what they said, but I happened to go up the same time as a car accident came in so after lying in the back room crying for 2 1/2 hours I decided to go home, along with another dose of pain killers. I felt so sorry for the poor nurse tho, every time she came to talk to me I burst into tears, not so much because of the pain but coz of my frustration and anger that this has been going on so long.

So this morning I'm feeling pretty groggy and my eyelids are barely open and my dad said they're going to take me to this other hospital tomorrow once my mum finishes work coz they now realise it's getting too much for me (plus this other town has a shop he wants to go to hehe).

So my lower back pain could be due to this as well then hey? Doesn't matter what position I'm in, sitting hurts, lying hurts, standing wrong hurts. My flu has pretty much gone, just a bit of a runny nose that's clearing up now. I dont have private health no, was thinking of getting it anyway soon as I have a hip problem which may need dealing with in the future.

So Leis you dont have any kids?

Silly question, I just saw your signature...sorry. For some reason details done load on my pc all the time.

Well another ultrasound coming up on Monday, went into emergency tuesday night coz I was just sick of everything, sat there in tears for 2 hours before being seen. The doc gave me a referral for another u/s but the lady at the desk said it wasn't urgent so is making me wait til Monday, how the hell can she tell if something they haven't seen yet is or isn't urgent!!!

No matter what I say or how bad I'm feeling, noone is pushing anything, now they thing my cyst or tumor has gotten bigger (hence the u/s).

Em join a private healthfund and get a referal to a bloody good gynae... this is just crazy that you are getting shunted around like this.. The medical world doesn't understand endo at all, and there are very few doctors that do, thank God I have one that does.

take care leis xx

Will they give you private health cover if you have a pre-existing illness??? When I looked into it for my hips (yes just another body part that gives me griefs) I was told to keep quiet about it otherwise I wouldn't get cover.

Is your appointment for endo? One doc that my sister saw said she had endo when all she had was a urinary tract infection, apparently she likes to diagnose people with it. It's starting to give me real grief now, especially since it's that time of the month. Pain killers usually make it disappear but they're only taking the edge of now, seems to have to be half dead before anyone takes any notice these days.

Hi Amine,

Just wanted to jump in and wish you luck. As for the private health insurance if it is pre-existing which it obviously is you have to wait 12 months before you can claim!! I am going through the same thing at the moment!!

Do you go to the Busselton Hospital emergency? I dont really like that hospital - always takes ages to get anywhere - have been there quite a few times.

My parents have a holiday house down there - love it!! Also have had quite a few b/f's that lived there. Wont mention names cos of how small the town is - seems everyone knows everyone. More so with one of the guys i went out with anyway!! hahaha he was very well known!!

Good Luck

Prue

Hey Prue

Yeah went to Busso hospital, they are pretty useless and yes I know what you mean about eveyone knowing everyone ;-) mind you if it hadn't been for that I probably wouldn't have found out about my cheating bastard of an ex hehe (ex from way back).

I probably know this very well known ex of yours if he's around my age, there were 2 very very popular boys in town that I was close friends with. I love it here too but after my break up have lost touch with alot of friends so thinking of maybe later moving on, I've had big ideas of great jobs, nice cars and my own house so I'm looking forward to the future and anyone that might want to join me in it.

Am gonna look into the private health cover, probably be worth it in the long run anyway I guess if all this crap keeps up, looking forward to my u/s on Monday to see if anything has changed. It's just so frustrating and furiating that it's taking so long for someone to give me an answer with a solution.

Hope your doing well, take it easy hey.

Well I had my ultrasound this afternoon and everything has disappeared...no fibroid, no cyst, no nothing!!! But I still have the pain in over my appendix so now my next step is seeing the Gyno and hoping he's gonna want to go in for a look.

Very strange....

~Jane~ Guest

Hi Em

I have endo as well and dont stress about the ultrasound not showing anything, it doesn't show up on ultrasound and the only way of diagnosis is a laparoscopy.

I do hope you are feeling better soon. Is there a good womens hospital in your capital city, they often have great clinics for endo. I know here in Melbourne my gynea who is wonderful and who runs a private clinic also works in a public clinic at the Royal Womens Hospital, get online and check it out, it is well worth looking into.

Jane

I dont know if there's a womans clinic here, I guess I should have a look. Definitely not one here in Busso and the closest would be 3 hours away in the city.

If it turns out not to be endo god knows what else it could be, my appt with my gyno is next thursday so we'll see what he has to say I guess, hopefully it's that he wants to do a lap.

Cheers Jane :-)

Hey Em,

One of them was a year or two older than me from memory so maybe 24ish, and the other would be pushing 29-30 now i think.

Would be so spun out if you knew them!! hahaha

Take Care,

Prue

Haha no doubt the first was in my year at school, I'm tempted to guess his name hehe :-) his last name wasn't the name of an animal was it? Mind you there is another guy that springs to mind as well...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast