Thread: endometriosis referral

Smile endometriosis referral

After waiting since November last year for my referral to the gynaecology unit at a public hospital, i am finally booked in next week. I am very nervous, but also excited to finally find out whats going on down there. I have so many symptoms, that have slowly got worse over the pat 2-3 years, and a few new symptoms. My fiance is very supportive and understanding, however none of my friends know what i'm going through so it's good to read your advice and questions.
    My doctor thinks it's endometriosis, and i think from the symptoms i may have it.
    Has anyone been through the public system and were the doctors supportive, and understanding? I am going to the gold coast hospital.
    After the initial appoint, if they send you for a lap, do you have to wait just as long.?
    I would Love some advice. Thanks bo

Hi Bo,

Unfortunately I don't know much about the public hospital waiting list situation there but I'm hoping the doctor may be able to give you an idea of the wait - if there is one - at your appointment.

I have endo too. It wasn't diagnosed until I was 36 and had been trying for several years to conceive. Like you, I had symptoms for years but no diagnosis. It is such a relief to have it finally diagnosed and the beauty of the laparoscopy is that they can treat it while they're in there.

Very best of luck and let us know how you get on. I hope someone else can help out with the hospital waiting list question.

Mel

Hi Bo

I went public for both my laps, and didn't have to wait very long at all to get in. The first time I actually had an ultrasound first where they discovered a burst cyst, so I was put in for surgery pretty quickly.

Goodluck. I hope it isn't a long wait for you.

Love

Well that was a waste of time.
    I went to see the gynae and after a million questions and a exam, she told me there is nothing wrong, and i should just live with it. (by it i mean, painful sex, extended periods, pain with my bowels during my periods). She said if i only have pain in certain positions (which i do) she said just don't do them anymore..!She said a operation is not going to fix something thats not there, (because everything appeared normal) and said maybe when i have a baby it will return to normal. i felt rather intimidated and really stupid for being there. Anyway i definately do not think that i should have to live with this so i will be making another referral in the near future. Anyway has anyone else ever had a respose like this. !!? Bo.

AAAAhh Bo.. this Doctor is a looser... and i am only saying that as swearing is forbidden on this site....!!!

My best suggestion is get yourself into see the ECCA centre at John Flynn Hosptial on the Gold Coast. Go back to your GP and ask for a referal to one of their doctors. They might charge higher fees, but believe you me, the pain releif is worth it. I have seen ECCA in sydney and they are miracle makers. Mind you I had some very invasive surgery 4 times, to correct it all, but i did have worse case scenario endo but I now have a pain free periods and live a normal life.. Check out their website google search ECCA.....

You need to get on top of this ASAP....

Love and hugs all the best Leis xx