Thread: I may have Endo - question

bellby82 Guest

Default I may have Endo - question

Well I recently visited my gyn and had a ca-125 test which came back at 16. He said this is a little uppish, and I will need to be re-tested in 6 months, and again in 12 months time. Now I guess I just have to wait, which I hate! Only thinkg is he doesn’t tell me anything, whenever I am there I feel so rushed. Does anyone know what a normal ca-125 is? Is 16 bad?

Sorry bellby can't help you with. I never had a Ca-125 test before with my endometriosis.

Love

Hi, I had never heard of this test before but I just got an email that contained this info:

"The normal range for a CA-125 BLOOD TEST is between zero and 35. If the number is slightly above 35, you can have another done in three or six months and keep a close eye on it, just as women do when they have fibroid tumours or when men have a slightly elevated PSA test (Prostatic Specific Antigens) that helps diagnose prostate cancer.

I have no idea if this info is accurate or not I would suggest you consult your doctor to put your mind at rest.

Janine