Thread: pcos and bowel adhesions i think poss endo

Question pcos and bowel adhesions i think poss endo

hi im new here, i have bowel adhesions from a operation as a baby and was diagnosed with pcos 2 years ago and was put on dianette (ocp) and now femedene(ocp) i have readin all ur threads and im not sure if i may have endo, heavy painful periods,clotting(tmi) and my bowel goes haywire during my AF. They are irregular every 3-6 months and the gynae isnt sure y im having such a bad time with them. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks Rachel xxxx

Hi Rachel, sorry to hear your AF is not that great. I had similar issues (heavy, painful, irregular and horrible bowel issues at AF time). I was on the pill too and it made no difference to my symptoms. It turned out that my bowel was attached to my left ovary, both tubes were blocked and had endo adhesions and scars all through my pelvis. My gynae cleaned it all up in the laparascopy and things improved immensely after that although I still had bowel pains etc. I also found that having a simple, clean diet helped with that and made me feel alot better too.

The only way to get endo diagnosed is by a laparoscopy, maybe talk to your gynae (or another one for second opinion) and request surgery? A good book I recommend is Endometriosis and Other Pelvic Pain by Dr Susan Evans. Has lots of useful advice and info.

HTH. Good Luck.

thank you for the advice il speak to my gynae n ask him to look into it. im going to order that book you mentioned.
    congratulations on the pregnancy hope its h&h one.
    rach xx

Hi Rachel,

I read your post and it sounds similar to me I was diagnosed with PCOS ten years ago when I was 16and when I was 22 I was diagnosed with Endo.
    I have always suffered from painful periods then they became non existant which is who PCOS was investigated. I was put on Diane pill which made the pain better and my periods lighter.
    I was diagnosed with Endo because I was having a fair amount of bowel pain especially during my period and I was unable to have sex because the pain was that bad! I had a lap done and my endo was confirmed both on my uterus and my bowel. Sadly the pain didnt really ease for long and I was told by my Dr that my nerve endings from where the endo was removed are still sending signals to the brain that the endo was still there which is why I am suffering the pain still. I have been through several different treatments which sadly have not given me any relief to my pain. I recently had a Mirena IUD inserted to help with the pain and am waiting for my appt at the pain clinic which my gyno has referred me to get some more help as she is unable to prescribe the medication she thinks will help due to govt regulations on prescribing medications.

I hope this helps!

Red face

hi elephant,
    thank u so much for the reply i know what u mean about pain during intercourse (its soo painful even for hours afterwards) i have been on dianette ( i think its the same as diane just uk version) that helped but my gynae wants new bloods and a ultrasound so iv been put on femedene which are useless im in constant agony from the pain n bleeding heavily(tmi) im going to spk to my gp about this properly even though iv tried. i cant go on this way.
    thank you so much
    take care
    rachel xxx