Thread: Ref to IVF

Default Ref to IVF

My gyno who I am very happy with (after having some not so good ones) just completed a lap/hyst/dye study ect and was ready straight after to write the referral to IVF. Does this mean he thinks there is no other chance for us other than this??

Some opinions would help!!!

Have you tried any other options lil_chookie? And have you been given a diagnosis or reason for not being able to conceive? Perhaps your ob-gyn felt that it was the best option for your circumstances :smt102
    I can understand why you might want to try other less invasive methods first though.

Not necessarliy, if it's a very hard thing to get listed onto, then maybe he/she just wants to give you the best chance possible, if you aren't concieving by yourselves. 8-[

We have been TTC for years. I have had problems ever since the day I got my period. Daily nausea, pain so bad it can hurt to breathe & bleeding that goes on forverer are things that I have learnt to deal with in my everyday life. This time round was my forth lap. Over the years I have been diagnosed with PCOS, Endo & last lap confirmed I only have 1 working tube and other one is surrounded by scar tissue. I guess I don't really understand what all this means. My life has cruised along just fine & I am vey happy. I guess I just always thought nature would take it's course and I would just fall pregnant but lately I have thought, maybe I should be paying more attention to this and maybe it isn't going to just happen. I think having the gyno sit there and say to me would he like me to write the ref for ivf was a bit of a wake up of sorts. It made me think I have been cruising along having this great life, taking things as they come and now I am here. How did I get here?? iykwim.

Awww :hugs: Sounds like you've been through a lot.
    Most referrals are valid for 12 months, so don't feel that you have to act on it straight away ... maybe take some time to process it iykwim.

Thank you.

My husband was with me at the appointment & he said to my gyno we'll give it another six months and come back and see you. I am happy with that as I need to learn more.

I am lucky I have a wonderful man who supports me 100%, a lovely home & a new shop I am about to open (with great excitement). So I have alot and I feel blessed for that.

It's great to hear that your DH is so supportive