Thread: weight control!

chatterbox26 Guest

Exclamation weight control!

hey, I have PCOS and was diagnosed last yr in November.. I have been trying to lose weight for ages and nothing I seem to do works.. I was wondering if anyone has any tips...

I have been trying to lose 10 kilos.. diets dont seem to work.. tried low carboydrate diets..

Please help me get to my goal
    Last edited by chatterbox26; July 15th, 2006 at 02:23 PM.

my sister inlaw has this and she went through sure slim and she did really well with it. with the weight loss she fell pg good luck.

I have found that a combination of metformin and low carb/low GI eating has had weight coming off me without any real effort.

I have an arthritis condition which makes exercising regularly a little tricky, particularly in winter. I've found that it is important to eat regularly and eat well. It's not so much a "diet" but adopting an eating plan to help you. With PCOS, it's really about being as healthy as you can for life, not just a quick-fix solution to losing weight.

I hope this makes sense?

BW

Quote Originally Posted by butterfly_warrior
    I have found that a combination of metformin and low carb/low GI eating has had weight coming off me without any real effort.

BW
    I too have PCOS and have struggled for over 10 years trying to lose weight (always was around 115-120kgs) and have found the same thing as BW that a combination of metformin and low carb/low GI works wonders for losing weight. Combining this with 30mins walk 4 days a week makes the weight loss more effective too. I lots 6kgs on low GI before taking metformin over a 3 month period and 10kgs taking Metformin for 4 months before I concieved.

Best wishes let us know what you decide to do.

Bel
    xxx

sophabulous Guest

Chatter - I am also a PCOS sufferer and have found it very difficult to lose weight.

I have been on the Tony Ferguson program for a month now and have lost 6.9kg in the process. It's a low calorie/low carb/low GI/detox weightloss plan and has really given me the kickstart I've needed to lose some of the weight

chatterbox26 Guest

Thankyou Sophabulous for ur reply to my post..

I will look up about the program u have suggested.. and if it is ok if u have any links to it also for information that would be great..

Thanks,

Chatter

chatterbox26 Guest

Butterfly Warrior would u happen to know any good links where i can look up information about metforim.. cheers

Chatterbox26

If you google metformin and PCOS you will get some good information come up there. The first link is one that I have referred to quite a lot for a good, simple explanation of what PCOS is and how it is treated and managed.

The other thing we did was the CSIRO eating plan... we haven't stuck with it too rigorously, but I did lose 4kg reasonably quickly by following those guidelines. I'd still like to lose another 4kg, but at this point I'm no longer in an overweight category according to my BMI so I'm pretty happy.

BW

Chatterbox I have a paper on metformin (PDF) I got from Kylieashlea I think I still have it on my hotmail if you want me to hotmail it to you? it is a quite large doc..

Bel

chatterbox26 Guest

Belle that would be great if u could email the paper to me..

[email protected]

Chatterbox

no worries have emailed to you!

Lady_Bug Guest

Chatterbox,

I too am a newly diagnosed PCOS sufferer and am lost to what to do to shift some of the wieght. Unfortunately for me i put on my weight at an early age and it has just stayed with me my whole life. My mum was also diagnosed 20 years ago with PCOD after i was born and she went on to have another 5 kids, 2 i think were with fertility treatment and the rest just kinda kept comming.

Good luck with your venture. I am going to try a program called opti-fast. One of our family friends has been on it for 3 months and in that time has lost 20kg.

Hope to hear how it all goes for you!

Tamyn-leigh